Bluetooth keyboard not allowing predictive text...

n813ca

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have tried two keyboards and both of them didn't show predictive text while emailing. Is there one that will ?

Martin Stepanek

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is an issue that I have been battling with Samsung support over since the early release of the original Tab 10.1. We now have 4 tabs in our house and 2 Galaxy S (original) phones. Here's the low down of what we have discovered.

4 Tabs. We have one GT-P7510 10.1, two GT-P5113 10.1 Tab 2, and one GT-N8010 Note 10.1.

Each of these devices the predictive text and auto spell check underlying words while typing works flawless if you are using the soft keyboard, not bluetooth. The second you connect any bluetooth device the predictive text disappears and it is seriously a pain in the royal ___.

A few months ago I rooted both of our galaxy s phones and did the Cyanogen Mod (Love this mod!!) update to Jelly Bean OS. So we are now stock Android Jelly Bean on these phones, and guess what, predictive text works with any keyboard including an external bluetooth. So it comes down to Samsung has another piece of ___ programing on their hands and their typical crappy support doesn't want to do anything about it. I opened a case with a support rep 2 years ago and Samsung support promised me a call back and resolution, I've never received a call back, started a support call twice and have yet to see any resolution from Samsung. Seriously disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674