Successor to Note 10.1?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just curious what people's thoughts are re: a successor to the Note 10.1 (Note 10.2? Note 10.1 2?) The 10.1 has been available since last August. Sammy has released new versions of its two top smartphones, the Note 2 and the S4, within a year or less of the release of their predecessors. The Note 8 isn't a successor obviously. Does anyone think a new model will come out by summer?

I want to bail on my Playbook and get a 10" tab (don't like my wife's iPad 3, and I gave it to her for her use, anyway). I don't want to pick up a Note 10.1 and find a new version suddenly announced. Yeah, I know, buy now because something better will always come along. But given Sammy's history, that something in this case could/should be only 2-3 months away, maybe 4 tops.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I would be surprised if they put something out right away. They jusy released the mobile broadband versions in the US and I doubt they want to trump sales already. I imagine though that you will see a european/asian distribution of a new Note at least a few months before any US version. The note in both wifi and broadband were released to those regions before the US. I'm rocking a wifi version and besides a higher resolution display, theres nothing I'm substantially interested in upgrading to at this point.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I really wouldn't even worry about waiting. The current Note 10.1 has a good quad core processor and 2gb or RAM now. It's going to be pretty future proof for a while even if they do release a new version this year. I also have a PlayBook and I'm liking having the 2. Also tried the ipad and sold it for the Note 10.1. Best decision I ever made.

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I worried about this for a minute.... but you just cant worry really. I loved what I got, nice to hear yall righteous peoples do too, and it looks like its quite close to top end so ... hey im happy what else could I do complain its not different or better? Not even son !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12