Problem: Clear Default App settings???

stevep1794

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I try to open a video or the web.. i get the little popup box that says:

Clear default app settings by going to Settings>Applications manager>all.

I hit "ok" and I get to pick what I want to use to open it and I ALWAYS select ALWAYS...then.. next time I want to open another video or webpage.. i get the same thing. even right after I selected ALWAYS the first time.. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to make the selection I make Stick!
:-\

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well recently. A while back I had designated Adobe Reader to be the default to open pdf files and that worked fine. Can't say for sure but it seems like this started after downloading one of the recent Samsung updates.

stevep1794

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
damn you sammy!!!! damn yous to hell! Its not a dealbreaker but just an extra tap to make and a setting that should be held once its made.

Smigin

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I started a thread for exactly the same issue.... On the irritation scale it sits well in the red!

I had it when I made a call - do you want to use Skype, Viber or Phone if you press phone (want this as standard or it wont work in the car kit) "Always" that pop-up box came up and even following thee instructions didn't help.

what I did though was go into applications and force stop Skype and Viber and so far the issue hasn't arisen again as it now just uses the Phone

... but I'm not convinced this is permenant.

johnmmohr

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, and it is a problem that I cannot stop the other items. I use a address lookup and then ask for directions, I want to use google maps but it also asks if I want to use chrome that I use for other things.... IT IS FRUSTRATING...

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well recently. A while back I had designated Adobe Reader to be the default to open pdf files and that worked fine. Can't say for sure but it seems like this started after downloading one of the recent Samsung updates.
UPDATE: For whatever reason, my selection of Adobe Reader as the default when opening pdf files now seems to be retained. Go figure.

samman8960

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi There....

First Time User Of Android Phone....I Am Using SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2. Today I Got My SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2 Updated With The New Update, Same Thing....Not Able To Get Phone And Viber PopUp Option...When Dialing....This Was Not The Case Before The Update....Also Checked The "Clear Defaults" But No Luck....Can Anybody Help Me Please

Firmware Update Is : - - Android 4.1.2 With N7100XXDMG1 Updated On 21 July 2013

Thanking You

Phillypete617

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I found what seems to be a solution- i downloaded an app from goggle play called "Default App Manager lite" and it seems to have solved the problem! It's a free app and under 1mb of space!

daiDroid

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
On my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, I accidentally set a photo editor to always be used for cropping lock page wallpapers. Now I can't find anywhere to unset that specific default. Every default app management app I have tried doesn't address the lock page or wallpaper defaults or whatever it is that this default is related to. It's a problem, because the editor being used isn't able to crop the images very well and is producing bad quality crops. Now the first screen anyone sees is either a bad quality image or I have to use a wallpaper that came with the Note. I *reallyyyyy* want this fixed.

Posted via Android Central App

ifoundit

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
You got to
1 settings
2 application manager
3 left hand key, sort by size and reset app preferences should pop up
4 click on reset app preferences and it will put EVERYTHING back to defult.

Hope this helps :)

Sarmad Shabir

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
as ur using galxy note 2 so go to settings)application manager)all) and press setting button of ur phone it will show u clear default prefrences of all apps click ok to sollve ur problem