Galaxy Note 10.1: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped

I have been having this issue on my HTC Thunderbolt as well. I have tried everything short of a factory reset.

While looking through my apps (Settings: Apps / All) I found one called Face Lock. I disabled it 3 hours ago and haven't had an error since. No reboot either.

(crossed fingers)

under_pimp

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Alright, so I've been having the same problem with my HTC vivid, it all started when facebook app updated. So, HTC comes with a factory version of fb, so I uninstalled all updates so now its the old school facebook app but it doesn't crash the UI anymore

Sanjyot Gandhi

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

i faced the same problem with my HTC sensation xe , inafact did factory reste and even completely wiped out the sd card and then reloaded my apps. Still the same problem persisted . But now what i did is that uninstall the latest updates of facebook and restore it back to the original facebook which is loaded on the factory settings . It works perfectly Well . Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

king_dsa

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can try re-flashing your ROM
(Common steps for flashing a ROM:Download the latest version of the rom.
Transfer the ROM's zip file to your Phone's sd card.
Power off your phone. When it vibrates, the phone has shut down completely.
Press the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power button till your phone boots into cwm/twrp recovery (depends on which one you have installed).
Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then go to Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Go to Install zip from sd card, then to Choose zip from sd card and finally select the rom file you transferred to your sd card in step 2.
Go to Advanced and select Wipe Batter stats.
Reboot your device.).....i did this & it actually worked!!!
This problem "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"probably occurs if you restore your app+system data not completely,it happened with me as i didn't allow a complete restore & i interrupted the process. Actually i did a system restore , which caused overwriting of existing apps ,what according to me must have caused the problem.
I'm new to all of this ROM Flashing & all,so please forgive me if any wrong info was provided by me.

kalkidanK

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Guys i was having the same problem with my samsung Duos.. which take 2 sim i have deactivated the second sim and now its working perfect if ur phone is with 2 sim try the above method... Good Luck

abdirazak

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

my phone is GT-s 7562 it is always doing to say unfortunately system ui has stopped what is the couse and what is the solution for this

catchamental

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

I started having the same problem on my note 3. I finally found a way to fix it. It went like this....

go to Settings, app manager, all, hit the menu button, select Reset app preferences and choose reset app preferences.. This works for me and I have not had the error message again.. Seems to be an app that's hijacked the ui. As you start using ur apps again you can probably figure out which app is making that happen if it happens again good luck guys

davey63

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I have just opened the box on my new Toshiba Excite pro AT10LE-A-108 have setup the Google account etc. and it has detected my wireless router.After about 10 minutes use, screen shows "unfortunately system ui has stopped working" message and so i cannot use the touch screen as every time i click ok the message just reappears!
Is this a fault with the tablet , flat battery on opening box (battery now up to to 60% charge) or something i need to reset?
please not too much technical jargon
cheers

davey63

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Ok guys ,seems to have been a problem with updates ,i think i have sorted the problem out now
fingers crossed!

lord kaname

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

it worked thank you i dont have facebook anyway and after taking your advice the message has stopped cheers

Jonn Mero

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Switch off phone, take out battery. Put in battery and fire up phone. Dial your PIN when prompted, and you are back in business. Or, at least I was.
Phone: Galaxy Note 3.
Jonn

Barbara Reeger

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

thank you sooo much for posting a Solution to the this problem with out having to do a system factory restore. my Galaxy nexus only has a built in .:cool:

monseemian

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Was having the same issue on my S2 T989, here is what fixed the 'System UI has stopped' issue:

If rooted: Go to System Tuner (if not available install it) --> choose 'One-Click' --> Then click on 'Wipe dalvik'
Then reboot the phone immediately. System UI will work perfectly after the above.

Donna McCoy

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab 10.1, but was getting the error message 'System UI has stopped after rooting, flashing a 4.4.2 rom (Namless). I found this thread by searching the error. am able to say ok, and the message goes away, but every time the tablet boots up, or restarts, I get this message. I tried the System tuner, wiped the Dalvik, after initial reboot, it was gone, but after I rebooted after that the message came back. Any other advise? Thanks in advance.
Was having the same issue on my S2 T989, here is what fixed the 'System UI has stopped' issue:

If rooted: Go to System Tuner (if not available install it) --> choose 'One-Click' --> Then click on 'Wipe dalvik'
Then reboot the phone immediately. System UI will work perfectly after the above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol