02-01-2017 12:26 PM
60 123
tools
    A few days ago it started. Whenever I push the home button or anything on that panel I get the message "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". Then I have to press ok. It even does that sometimes when I'm in the middle of a game (bingo or something like that) or yesterday it happened when I was using Polaris Office to fill out my paperwork for work. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what I could do to fix it? My Note 10.1 is not even 2 months old and was running perfectly until I would say 4-5 days ago.
    eden1234 and Shawn Mckenrick like this.
    04-20-2013 11:18 AM
    Any changes you did to the device leading up to this event?

Is the device stock? Using anything like a 3rd party launcher, etc?
    04-20-2013 11:26 AM
    Device is stock... no altering it of any sort. The only thing it may have done was an update to 4.1.2 but I can't remember when exactly it did that update. No other changes at all... I haven't even installed any apps in the past 2 weeks or so.
    04-20-2013 10:49 PM
    My s3 did this

You have to do a factory restore through your computer.
    It sucks and samsung onky says sorry.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    04-22-2013 02:03 PM
    Thanks. Yes I got irritated to the point where I did the restore yesterday morning. Fortunately I was able to back up my important stuff
    MassStash likes this.
    04-22-2013 10:23 PM
    hello i encountered the same problem with ma note 2,what can i do.
    05-04-2013 06:21 AM
    How do I get it off my phone, I need help ASAP

Did you get help?
    05-31-2013 01:40 AM
    hi please can u tell me how to fix this or u can fix this unfortunately ,system ui has stopped
    06-16-2013 02:55 PM
    my '(asus) tablet did this with me and idont now what to do iget a mesage said ( Unfortunately, System UI has stopped)

plz help me... fast
    06-23-2013 07:29 AM
    Yeah the system UI, apk is what runs your status bar. If you can work your way through the phone while closing the annoying error messages, go into your settings, then applications, and view all applications. Scroll down to System UI, click it and hit clear cache then clear data and reboot.

if that doesn't work the only thing you can do without being rooted is to do a factory reset.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    06-23-2013 09:47 AM
    Yeah the system UI, apk is what runs your status bar. If you can work your way through the phone while closing the annoying error messages, go into your settings, then applications, and view all applications. Scroll down to System UI, click it and hit clear cache then clear data and reboot.

if that doesn't work the only thing you can do without being rooted is to do a factory reset.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    Clearing cache didn't work for me in that the message kept popping up so I did a force stop. Then the error message goes away. If the message is still popping up, even after rebooting it will just return. Only thing is, the "show all running apps" button doesn't work. I also can't change my wallpaper without it coming back so I'm stuck with the default live wallpaper. I was having system memory issues leading up to this so I switched from Apex Launcher to the CyanogenMod launcher and boom - Error message when I tried changing the wallpaper.

You said that factory reset was the only option if you aren't rooted. What's the option if you are?

gnr2
    06-24-2013 08:46 PM
    My new IRULU 10.1 tablet started that same nonsense after only having it for 4 days. I did factory reset but it still will not boot. I do not even have an SD card in it. Would it help to factory reset again or should I return it to the seller?

my '(asus) tablet did this with me and idont now what to do iget a mesage said ( Unfortunately, System UI has stopped)

plz help me... fast
    07-22-2013 03:02 AM
    Won't stop stopping long enough for me to say annoying pos.
    08-12-2013 06:45 PM
    It happened to my mobile too just removed battery blew the bcksidee to see if dust has caused and wow it started working
    08-14-2013 12:36 AM
    unfortunately system ui has stoped
    please repair
    08-18-2013 03:35 AM
    I am new to this, so excuse me if I am doing something wrong. A couple of days ago I was using my tablet at work. When I got home,noticed it was off and battery dead. Charged and turned on then found unfortunately, system UI has stopped. Also have unfortunately, settings has stopped any time I click on storage. I tried resetting with no change. Please help, very frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2013 11:46 PM
    I continually get an error message that says "unfortunately,system UI stopped. "what can I do?
    08-21-2013 08:39 AM
    I had this same issue while using Jellykang, But i fixed it instantly by doing the following:

Error: Unfortunately, System UI has stopped

1: Go to settings
    2: Click Navigation
    3: Click Halo
    4: Un-check "Enable HALO"

The messages should stop at last!
    I remembered poking it to see what it was but then left it on. I found this solution by retracing my steps.
    09-21-2013 02:35 AM
    Yes, I have been getting the same error message for the last four or five days. I'm also getting "Unfortunately, Default lock screen has stopped" as well. I took it to Verizon and did a factory reset, but the messages are back.
    09-27-2013 05:45 PM
    Two weeks ago, I upgraded, my tablet Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1, to 4.2.2, after that moment I am getting the same problem "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped". The tablet is not rooted. I did a soft-reset through the 'setting' and I have done several hard-reset, but still the same problem. I even connect it to the PC anf run Kies and It said that the tablet SO is updated. Still the same problem, I appreciated any help.
    09-27-2013 05:46 PM
    I have been having this issue on my HTC Thunderbolt as well. I have tried everything short of a factory reset.

While looking through my apps (Settings: Apps / All) I found one called Face Lock. I disabled it 3 hours ago and haven't had an error since. No reboot either.

(crossed fingers)
    09-28-2013 05:49 PM
    Alright, so I've been having the same problem with my HTC vivid, it all started when facebook app updated. So, HTC comes with a factory version of fb, so I uninstalled all updates so now its the old school facebook app but it doesn't crash the UI anymore
    09-29-2013 12:05 PM
    hi
    setting /app /facebook
    clear data
    ok
    Syc Facebook. errors
    ryanrange likes this.
    09-29-2013 07:55 PM
    i faced the same problem with my HTC sensation xe , inafact did factory reste and even completely wiped out the sd card and then reloaded my apps. Still the same problem persisted . But now what i did is that uninstall the latest updates of facebook and restore it back to the original facebook which is loaded on the factory settings . It works perfectly Well . Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!
    lord kaname likes this.
    09-30-2013 07:41 AM
    You can try re-flashing your ROM
    (Common steps for flashing a ROMownload the latest version of the rom.
    Transfer the ROM's zip file to your Phone's sd card.
    Power off your phone. When it vibrates, the phone has shut down completely.
    Press the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power button till your phone boots into cwm/twrp recovery (depends on which one you have installed).
    Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then go to Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    Go to Install zip from sd card, then to Choose zip from sd card and finally select the rom file you transferred to your sd card in step 2.
    Go to Advanced and select Wipe Batter stats.
    Reboot your device.).....i did this & it actually worked!!!
    This problem "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"probably occurs if you restore your app+system data not completely,it happened with me as i didn't allow a complete restore & i interrupted the process. Actually i did a system restore , which caused overwriting of existing apps ,what according to me must have caused the problem.
    I'm new to all of this ROM Flashing & all,so please forgive me if any wrong info was provided by me.
    10-02-2013 10:34 AM
60 123