GN 10.1 updated model - when can we expect it?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering for those who do or don't like their GN10.1 I was wondering if there have been any rumors about a updated version coming anytime soon? I know verizon just got their LTE version but so what they are always late and its coming up soon on the 1 year market since launch and that usually means new device time. The GN8.0 looks nice but have only 16GB of storage (oh wait 9.87GB of actual storage) is just not acceptable and if I could get a 32GB version I would.

So if a new GN10.1 comes along with 32GB and microSD I might consider that.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, but according to Samsung's site it says 32GB which is why I was surprised. Still wondering when a newer version with a better screen will arrive.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
There has been extensive discussion on the screen resolution, but it seems the word is that paired with the wacom digitizer this resolution is best for the proper stylus focused input. As the technology changes there may be changes to the digitizer where a higher resolution can be used at the same quality. But... Really I've had my note for 6 months and and it doesn't leave much to desire. I love the note I have, and it does everything it needs to do. I haven't noticed the pixels like some people have said, and im not sure what id be doing on my note that would necessitate a high definition display for note taking, and video watching.

I guess it depends on your preferences though. The processor is amazing though, and definitely one of the quickest tablets I've ever used.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for that info. I actually had not considered the Wacom digitizer as a factor in why the screen resolution wasn't higher. I went into BB (still no Samsung mini store in my area BB's yet) and played with it a bit along with the GN 8.0. I have to say the 8.0 would be an easy purchase given the size, weight and overall design. Too bad Samsung screwed the US market (as they seem to do ALL the time) by only putting out a 16GB version. I have my eye on an international 32GB but not sure I want to go that route.

marsboyd

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the note 10.1 specifically for the digi. I came from an Asus TF300T, and was initially apprehensive about the resolution thing, but the fact is the screen resolution is in my opinion less important or noticeable than I expected. The benefits of the integrated stylus from an artistic or even "analog-feel" perspective far outweigh the desire for a "big number X big number" resolution. I couldn't come anywhere near a sketch like this one (done on the note) of my girl on the 300, believe me I've tried .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367163753576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367163753576.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Sammobile says "Samsung delayed or might even cancel the next generation of Galaxy Note 10.1 cause of the weak sales of this tablet."

Samsung to bring the Tab DUOS, Tab 8.0 AMOLED, Tab 11 Super PLS TFT and NEXUS 11 | SamMobile

I am to read that as, due to the weak sales of *The Galaxy Note 10.1* (which I have and love), it will impede or delay another Note 10.1-x2 ? I didn't know the sales were weak, it's funny, because I thought everyone seemed to love this tablet.

anyway just would like some clarification.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sammobile says "Samsung delayed or might even cancel the next generation of Galaxy Note 10.1 cause of the weak sales of this tablet."

Samsung to bring the Tab DUOS, Tab 8.0 AMOLED, Tab 11 Super PLS TFT and NEXUS 11 | SamMobile

I'll be really upset if they stop making the 10.1. I just bought the Note 8, but it's kind of small to do a lot of my drawings on, so I hope they don't stop making the 10.1, the size is really good. I hope they at least continue the Note Line, because I think it will be a mistake to stop. They have a nice market on this kind of device. I also thought that most people liked the Note 10.1. It could be the pricing though.