Smith & Wesson Tactical Pen / Stylus?

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am wondering if I would be able and/or safe/secure/etc. with getting a particular new stylus... It's actually a 'tactical pen' combined with a stylus, made by Smith & Wesson. (I know I know you're saying outloud, wtf is a tactical pen??? I believe it is made specifically to be used as a weapon/stabbing implement w/o the pen protruding, and designed to be able to punch through glass, break a body part and or pierce the body when used as a weapon of last resort).

Anyway I noticed they had not only the regular version but a Stylus version.. But it does not look like the S Pen. So I am wondering if it's acceptable for use with the Note, both does it work, is it safe, and is there any drawbacks?

Thanks here is a link:
Smith and Wesson SWPEN3BK Tactical Pen with Stylus Tip - Amazon.com

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at the link you provided, and judging by the picture it appears to be a capacitive stylus. While this would work like your finger tip would on the Note, it will not work as an S-Pen replacement like, for example, the Wacom Stylus Feel. For example, it would not be detected as an active stylus, and be recognized by apps that are built to only recognize S-Pen input.

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much , I would probably not spend the money then but hey maybe I get a jones .... I also wanted to consider the eraser tipped upgraded stylus , not sure how you feel about that?

( while im at it let me ask a question that has been eating at me... I feel like the keyboard cant keep up with my typing, its too slow and too many typos... is not just me? Or is it effects of the invisibleSHIELD by Zagg , is there a setting im missing, or am I just particular and trying to type too fast?) Thanks again to all.

Rafe Xemt

May 1, 2013
Visit site
In answer to your question I have a zagg shield on my Note 10.1 and I also have a wacom Feel pen . I dont have any problems at all with the responsiveness if your having a bit of a problem try the other configurations like the split or the floating and if you dont like those try the Swype for tablets it works pretty good , there is a free version and if you like it you can buy the full version.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any screen protector on my Note, and every once in awhile I get typos when I'm sure I've typed everything correctly. It seems like within the last two updates it has been much more precise and keeps up with my typing. I'm about to try a bluetooth keyboard, thinking of going with something from Logitech, like the K810.

From what I heard the eraser tip stylus upgrade works very well. I have the Stylus Feel myself, and I've noticed there is a very slight offset, less than a millimeter.