Using a sd memory card in samsung galaxy note 10.1

everest68

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've inserted and mounted my sd memory card but how do I transfer the photos onto it and how do I ensure they go onto to the card in the future rather than going onto to the device?

maxy007

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
There is a Samsung program called Kies. You can transfer with that. I'm not sure how you get them to your card in future sorry.

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can move folders/files usind my files. No need any pc conection
Set the camera settings to 'save to sd' (enter into camera appl and select setting icon)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got one too, I got half screwed then very lucky... What you probably want to do , is to put it into your main computer/laptop, and just copy whatever you want from the laptop, Onto the card, THEN insert the card into your tablet, which would then have the information you want on it...I did it that way, then as mentioned by my esteemed colleagues above, I use My Files to deal with what I have on the card, once inserted in my Note tablet.

As I detailed in several posts, my father and I purchased our Note 10.1's at the same time. He went in the store to buy a Tab 10.1 16GB and quickly was buying a Note 10.1 32GB, 64GB micro SD Class 10 card, Belkin Cinema Folio leather case, etc. At checkout I was asking, "What do you think of the $329 one, the Tab 16gb, good enough to use a little bit?" And my father said, 'Listen you are not only going to be redoing my computer completely and totally but you will need to be walking me through the entire setup and use of the new Note , why don't you go get one and pay me back when you can and I was shocked and said, Sure! And the guy goes to get the 16gb model and smiles at me like, you're lucky huh, and my old man is like, "nonono, just get me a second setup of what I have, get him the good one, the same things I have" and I'm thinking, Score!!!! BUT- In buying a new Note 10.1 32GB, Belkin Cinema Folio, ZAGG invisibleSHILED, etc. I didn't get the microSD card he got.

well this past Friday we went back, just about 3 full weeks after purchase, and the Class 10 64GB micro SD Card is now $99.99, and they wouldn't price match themselves (Only up to 14 days ). I tried to talk to them, absolutely apathetic , one person basically said "Oh well too bad soo sad" and a decent looking but totally snobby chick in the camera department {Where the cards are stored} had NO Sympathy and rudely suggested "Maybe if you can't afford $99 you look at a lower priced one you can afford?" Which *REALLY* set us off.

We went to pay for the headphones and sodas we were buying (Found a sweet pair of Skullcandy headphone called "Uprock" for $29.99- all their other stuff is like hundreds of bucks.) and the very VERY nice pair of young ladies at customer service {we had a return of a router/modem we bought a few days back that was NOT simultaneous dual band as told when purchased} were SO HELPFUL- we explained what had happened and how we spent $1500 some on tablets the 3 weekends prior but were not being helped with the memory card, and all we wanted was the chance to purchase a second card [that we intended to purchase the first time, but wasn't put with the stuff we bought apparently so never got rang up lol] for the price we paid earlier.... literally both are like ,OH NO PROBLEM, and we said, oh "Jen" in the back said too bad soo sad try a cheaper model, you could see both like, OH NO SHE DIDN'T, Go get the 64GB one we will take care of you, AND THEN she had a manager come over and dock us $25 on the bill for having been not helped the first time! What more can you ask for!

One thing I will say, the card is blazing fast and amazing. BUT- I put like 30 GB of movies I downloaded and paid for on iTunes circa 2009/2010... and they won't play on the Note. my music library, not a problem. But the movie library of say 12 movies I bought {mostly during my drinking days, I'd get a few in me and buy a movie} were not able to be used, that kind of sucks, the major reason I wanted the card was to have my library of Music and of course movies on the Note. Oh well what can you do right?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The movies you bought on iTunes in 2009/10 all have DRM digital rights management that won't let them play I would bet. Not the fault of the note...just the way you 'bought' the right to watch the movies ONLY in iTunes or on an 'authorized' Apple device.

smil011

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Go to files than to Settings (click the triple line to the far right) on your Galaxy 10.1 and change the setting in General for Set Home Directory to SD Card. This should allow your downloaded app, pictures, music to all go to your SD card. I would read the directions for using file settings before I use it. Just to make sure you don't misfile or delete certain files.:cool:

Aaron Batiste

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Good News for you. There is a way for you to transfer those movies you purchased from apple onto your galaxy note 10.1. The process is a little advanced but can be done. It is through an application called Tongbu. I have downloaded and installed this program onto my pc computer and I am able to transfer/copy/delete/cut any movie, mp3, photo, book, and application. So what you can do is a little research on the program, learn how to install it and use it for your microsd card. By the way the program is in Japanese so best of luck to you, but it is do able.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay