Note 10.1 screen rotation not working

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
New Galaxy Note 10.1 and the screen won't rotate anymore. I have the screen rotation set right and it just won't rotate.
Should I return this tablet or is there some secret setting somewhere I'm missing?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
New Galaxy Note 10.1 and the screen won't rotate anymore. I have the screen rotation set right and it just won't rotate.
Should I return this tablet or is there some secret setting somewhere I'm missing?

I've always had problems involving the accelerometer on Samsung devices. You may be able to fix that with a firmware update or by using custom firmware instead.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had mine for about 6 months without issues. If screen rotation is on in the settings menu, then it should auto rotate unless you have another app telling it not to.

The first thing I would do is make sure you have the lasted version android( settings-about device-software update).

If that didn't fix it, I would then try a factory reset(settings-back up and restore-factory data reset), this will however set the device to when you first turned it on. It will erase any apps or data on the tablet(it'll leave the stuff on your external card alone, if you have one).

You can also install an app like androsensor. It'll at least show you if the accelerometer is working. You can also try a 3rd party app that can control screen rotation.

But honestly, if I were you, I would exchange it out just in case. You should not have had issues out of the box.

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my wife a Note for her birthday. I was setting it up for her, and I had a similar issue. I found there is a setting for Screen Rotation on the Notification Bar. It is not enabled. After enabling Screen Rotation, it now works.

cdwhatley

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!!!!! My daughter has had her pad for 6 months now and just the other day screen rotation stopped working. I went ahead and downloaded Androsensor (via Samsung Apps on the pad) and found that the sensors were working. Just boot the app and then rotate the pad 90 degrees at a time, waiting for a few secs after each rotation. The pad screen rotated every time. Then went back and ran the S-Note app and saw it was still not rotating. Actually, the sreen was not rotating on the apps home screen either.

Once I tapped the notification bar (lower right hand corner - just click on the clock to bring it up), I then saw "Screen Rotation" as an icon that was grayed-out. I clicked it to enable it (text became green) and then I could rotate the screen!

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so VERY much!! I have been going crazy for a week trying to get my notepad to turn over, your post was exactly what I needed to get it back! Thanks again and have a blessed day!

simions83

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Androsensor app worked perfect...it put the padlock icon at the bottom right of the page and allowed me to unlock the orientation! Thank you!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781