Discover Google Now! how do I make it go away?

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I keep my Note 10.1 in wide-screen mode virtually exclusively and find my left hand CONSTANTLY is somehow sliding across the home button and it invariably pops up a "DISCOVER GOOGLE NOW" screen, which is some sort of mini-system-app-sorta-thingy , it takes a few good seconds to load up, then make it go away, etc.

How can I make it stop? I read in a few Google located threads here and there it is activating via sliding my finger across the home key? (or something like it) but every person having the same problem had a different piece of hardware (i.e. they werne't using Note 10.1's) and their instructions to stop it didn't work...the menus and stuff they said to access don't exist for the Note 10.1

I have been dealing with this since I bought the thing, there has GOT To be a way to kick it to the curb?

Thanks much my righteous peoples.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings >apps>all and scroll to "Google search" and Click on disable. That should turn off Google now and stop you from accidentally swiping up and going in to Google now, so even if u swipe up it shouldn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie