upgrade to Android 5.0? Is this a rumour or is it definitely gonna happen

Stuart34

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I own a Galaxy Note 10.1 wi-fi version (NT-8010)

I do enjoy using my tab for work, play and multitasking, however I am only running Android 4.1.2 - Recently there have been rumours surfacing abound that this tablet is due for an upgrade to KLP ? Is there any substance in these rumours, if so when will it be hitting UK shores? :D

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I own a Galaxy Note 10.1 wi-fi version (NT-8010)

I do enjoy using my tab for work, play and multitasking, however I am only running Android 4.1.2 - Recently there have been rumours surfacing abound that this tablet is due for an upgrade to KLP ? Is there any substance in these rumours, if so when will it be hitting UK shores? :D

Welcome to the forums!
5.0 is in the works. The thing is the bigger rumor is that 4.3 will happen first. That is the real question; When will that get released?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What would be so good about it?

That is probably the reason many people scour the internet for rumors. They want to know what the big deal is. My guess would be an overhaul of the user interface.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Geez I hope not.. I'm just getting used to this one.. lol

If it is like 2.3 to 4.0, the old UI was a springboard anyway. An overhaul, yes. But for the most part, many aspects were only aesthetically changed.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Bill Clark

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I doubt we'll see a 5.0 update before you see it on Nexus. If memory serves, Google tends to be a bit cagey about its new versions and I don't see any release notes on it so anything else is pure speculation.

As to thoughts on a UI upgrade, I have my doubts there will be much more than tweaking involved there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool