Instagram Video Playback Issues

lwsjff

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded the latest update for Instagram featuring the new video capabilities.
I'm encountering some issues.

Videos record, will allow filters, then process and post in a relatively quick amount of time.
However when I play the video back once it is in my Instagram feed the audio is distorted as if recorded in slow motion.
Thus it doesn't match the speed of the video which itself seems like it plays at normal speed.
During editing the video pays and sounds normal.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1(model NT-8013) running Android 4.1.2

Side note: the orange update icon has ow moved over and pops up above the profile link instead of the heart icon.

loyalhands

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am on the galaxy note 2. Having the same issues. Have been researching my **** off trying to see if someone has figured out how to fix it. Sorry I knowmI'm not replying with better news. At least we're not alone.

Jason Faauma

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
OmfreggggingGosh i have the exact same problem on my samsung galaxy s3 4G . Zzzz if anyone figures out how to fix this please let me know. Btw ive tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app but still the audio problem remains.

ch00ch00

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
GN2 also slow mo sounding audio.

I updated from the PlayStore Saturday and screwed up audio. Did another update tonight and now audio is good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Serrano

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Me too..my unit's a galaxy s3 mini..

Is this a problem inherent with samsung units or androidd phones per se?

Already uninstalled and re-installed..updated..still the same problem..

Miguelacio

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, even when I am recording freezes a little bit but when I play it after upload the sound problem starts, I've got an Samsung Galaxy S Advance running with JB 4.1.2

marsummer

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
same!! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini too and this audio problem is so annoying!! I tried to report it to instagram but I didn't know how to do it :-[ hope it's fixed in the next update though :/

ritaal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. I tried clearing data, uninstalling updates, everything.

I have just contacted Instagram about the problem and put a link to this page in the complaint too. when they reply I will let everyone here know what they say.

Jesse Ambrose

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue where the video stutters but the audio is fine. Only in playback once i load it too, in editing it appears fine. Running a HTC Sensation. Was so stoked when jelly bean got insta vid then now this :(

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
same issue, S3 mini 4.1.2 , editing goes well and fast, preview shows the video fine and smooth both for audio and video... but the uploaded clip on instagram has a broken stuttering video, it's not a problem of RAM or CPU power since the preview before uploading is perfect, it's the processing that's done wrong (samsung compatibility issues ? or maybe heavy load on Instagram server for converting videos), since yesterday wouldn't work at all and today it works but with broken video after nice editing. We shall see... maybe next update.

edit: tested with my iPhone 4S, it went perfect, so it's not the servers but the Android app doing bad processing of data after a good recording, the preview video is nice but the uploaded one on Instagram stutters way too much, nice audio though... guess it's compatibility issues with Samsung and/or Android 4.1.x remember this app was built for the ground up for iOS, they're slowly optimising it for Android, but not quite there yet.

Last edited:

Mo Jey

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I've repeatedly had the same issues on my Galaxy S3. Not with the sound, but with pixel distortion in the actual video. It's rather annoying that this hasn't been fixed.

Instagram won't reply. I emailed them a month ago & they never responded. Doubt that they will if this is an Android issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair