Kid Proof Case Galaxy Note 10.1

Gregg Shaw

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to get a Note 10.1 for myself. My wife and son have their own ipads and I wanted to get something different. I went to Best Buy with the full intention of purchasing one but walked out empty handed. The deal breaker is I could not find a protective case. My son is 2 and even though he has an ipad I know he is going the grab my Note out of my hand. I did not find any otterbox or survivor cases and I am just wondering if anyone know any good cases like those for the Note that not only protects the back of the tablet but the front also.

I really wanted to get something different and love the whole S-Pen but I can not risk my $500 investment breaking when it crashed onto the floor by accident.

Also what adapter would I need to be able to use my Note if I get one to connect it to the HDMI on my tv to watch some videos or use apps for when I work out (interval timer)

Thanks any luck and I should be back using an android device soon.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to get a Note 10.1 for myself. My wife and son have their own ipads and I wanted to get something different. I went to Best Buy with the full intention of purchasing one but walked out empty handed. The deal breaker is I could not find a protective case. My son is 2 and even though he has an ipad I know he is going the grab my Note out of my hand. I did not find any otterbox or survivor cases and I am just wondering if anyone know any good cases like those for the Note that not only protects the back of the tablet but the front also.

I really wanted to get something different and love the whole S-Pen but I can not risk my $500 investment breaking when it crashed onto the floor by accident.

Also what adapter would I need to be able to use my Note if I get one to connect it to the HDMI on my tv to watch some videos or use apps for when I work out (interval timer)

Thanks any luck and I should be back using an android device soon.

here's an adapter so you can connect it to your tv
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 HDTV Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories

There doesn't seem to be any super durable cases for the note thought only like leather covers Amazon.com: i-BLASON Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus Holder for New 2012 16G 32G 3G 4G Wifi N8000 N8010 with Charger and IR Opening - 3 year Warranty ( (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Gregg Shaw

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks about the adapter. Yeah the cases seem to be slim pickings. Nothing seems to protect the front of the tablet. How is the Samsung case and has anyone tried the gel cases

adders21

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gregg,

Did you get a case? I'm looking for a kid proof case too. The only one I have seen is the Bobj cases on Amazon. They look to be very protective but I just don't quite like the look of them!

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The Poetic Slimbook is the one I almost bought
Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 Tablet Black(Intergrated HandStrap)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic):Amazon:Computers & Accessories
It covers the bezel and it is only $15. Throw a screen protector on it and that is probably going be as good as it gets.

My kids are three and nine and they use our nexus 7 and note 10.1 frequently.
Ultimately I went with the Moko slim fit for the note 10.1 for my purposes and because our nine-year-old is the one who tends toward the larger tablet.

You are right about the brick and mortar retail choices for non-apple tablets. There is very little out there--usually just one very overpriced case if any. I think there are just way more companies out there that are willing to try to produce apple accessories in the hopes of getting a sip from the waterfall of cash that apple elicits from its customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34