Hi everybody.

I was wondering what was the purpose of the other potentiometer.
    One is for the sensitivity, what is ghe other for?

Thank you :-D
    07-17-2013 08:02 PM
    Hi everybody.

I was wondering what was the purpose of the other potentiometer.
    One is for the sensitivity, what is ghe other for?

Thank you :-D
    Basically, the Wacom EMR s pen is a little like an FM tuner in a radio. It uses passive inductance (coils) and capacitance (separated charge) in the pen to create a resonant circuit with the powered inductive and capacitive elements embedded in the screen to produce very precise signals. In contrast, the typical smartphone capacitive screen only measures the static electricity differences (separated charge) in the tip of your finger.

Here are a couple of links:
    explaining how the sPen tech works (and is very diff than other styluses) - xda-developers

Wacom Components : Input Technology : EMR Technology

BTW, just as a curiosity, you can use a moistened qtip as a stylus on capacitive touch screens as long as your finger tips contact the damp cotton of the tip because the ions in the water on the tip will carry the capacitance of your finger tip to the screen.
    07-18-2013 12:08 AM
    Thank you for tge answer but what does the other knob do exactly? I'm turning it and nothing seen to be changing.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    07-18-2013 12:10 AM
    Thank you for tge answer but what does the other knob do exactly? I'm turning it and nothing seen to be changing.

Thanks

I'm assuming when you say knob you mean the button on the s pen. Pressing it alters the resonant circuit in the pen and signals the sensor in the screen to register a different function. For example, if you press and hold the button while tapping an open area of the screen the sensor will register the difference in the resonant circuit and take a screen shot
    07-18-2013 12:30 AM
    Sorry for not neing clear :-(
    Im taking about the 2 knob when you take the button cover off. There is 2. Ome is for the sensibility and the other is for?
    I hope I'm more clear now:-D

07-18-2013 12:09 PM
    Sorry for not neing clear :-(
    Im taking about the 2 knob when you take the button cover off. There is 2. Ome is for the sensibility and the other is for?
    I hope I'm more clear now:-D

Sorry, didn't realize you meant you had removed the button. I cannot find any definitive reference to what the second variable resistor (pot) does, but my best educated guess is that it either controls the tilt angle at which the pen is recognized on the screen or that it adjusts the range from which the pen is detected when hovering above the screen.
    07-18-2013 04:37 PM
    I can't find it myself and even when i play around with it I can't get the use of it.

07-31-2013 10:20 PM
    I know this thread is old but I figured out today that it's also for adjusting the sensitivity, only when the button is pressed! I noticed I had to press harder while pressing the button for it to be recognized by the phone that when I'm using the pen without pressing the button. So I thought maybe their sensitivities are separately configured. I then tried turning the potentiometer (screw) above and it worked! Now I can finally use my spen minus the frustration, and it saved me a few money cuz I was thinking of buying a new spen. Thought I'll post this here in case someone needs it. Cheers!
    08-07-2017 10:41 AM