Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" Tablet

electrocad

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, this is my first post, I have used computers for 50 years, from DOS 3.1 to Windows 8.
That's right - I'm a "Silver Surfer".
I have just bought the tablet and I have to confess this Android O/S takes me well out of my comfort zone.
If anyone could help me with this, simplest, of tasks, I would be grateful.
All I want to do at the moment is transfer some files to the 64Gb microSDHC card (ext1?).
At the moment I have the tablet connected to a desktop PC and I am "sucking" the files from the internal card,
and "Blowing" them to the ext1 card- I'm sure there must be an easier way to do this, but the manual is not good.

Thanks for reading - hope you can help.
regards to all.

Malcolm

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, you're trying to copy files from your computer to your tablet, and dragging/dropping while connected to your PC via USB cable takes you out of your comfort zone? Are you SURE you're a Windows user? o_O

That's about the easiest thing to do. You could try transferring via BlueTooth, but that requires pairing and a BT dongle for your PC. WiFi Direct is also possible but most PC's don't support that. You could try to use Kies (Samsung's version of iTunes) and transfer the files, but IMHO Kies only makes such a simple task more difficult. Finally, you could try Kies Air, which lets you transfer files via browser in your PC as long as your computer and tablet are connected to the same network.

Oh, and of course you can always take the card out of the tablet and into a card reader in your PC. This would save you the use of the USB cable, basically.

electrocad

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello Spookdroid,
Thanks for your time, I don't think you quite got the gist of what I was tyring to do.
I will take your items 1 by 1.

1/ No, I am not trying to copy files from my desktop PC, the tablet shows in the Computer as GT-N8010 with Card & Tablet as Folders
What I can do is take the files from the Tablet and move or copy thaem to the Card
2/ I have paired the external Blutooth keyboard with the Tablet - No Problem as they say
3/ The Note 10.1 is not a supported device in kies.
4/ My desktop PC does not have a microSDHC port and I currently do not have an adapter.

I would appreciate it if you did not "Talk Down" to me in any future correspondence.

Thank you.

Malcolm

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My bad, it just sounds from your description as if you were trying to move files from your computer to your tablet, sorry if the first comment made everything else sound condescending, I apologize.

So what you're trying to do is move files INTERNALLY, right? There should be an app in your tablet called "File Manager" and you should be able to see both the internal folder structure as the one in the SD Card. If not, then you can download a File Manager app from the Store. I personally suggest Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer (I used to like Astro but it didn't seem to like my new phone very much, so I had to use ES instead)

PS: Kies DOES support the Note. Maybe you need an extra download for drivers or something, but a friend of mine has that tablet and he uses Kies to back it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo