Hi Guys and Guyesses,
    I have a Note 10.1 and I don't use it to its full potential. In fact, I mostly use it as an e-book reader for that last half hour before falling asleep.
    What I would like to do is watch movies on it. The problem is that the movies that I want to watch are stored on the hard drive of my main computer which is a Mac Mini.
    Now, I know that I could just use a micro SD card and copy a film onto that and then put the SD card into the slot on the Note but I'm hoping that there is a way that I can use the Note to search all of the media files on my Mac and view them on the Note.
    If it makes any difference, both devices connect to the web via a home network,
    Is it doable?
    Cheers,
    Steve.
    09-19-2013 03:25 PM
    Totally doable and quite common in fact. But you need two apps: One server for your computer and one client for your tablet. Or, if you're a Samsung user, just let Samsung Link (used to be ShareCast) scan your library and then it should appear as shared content as it is a DLNA server on itself.

Here's a link to 3rd party solutions you could reference to.
    Best PC to Android video streaming apps
    J HighNote likes this.
    09-19-2013 03:59 PM
    Thank you for the reply. The bad news is that you lost me at "Server". I'm pathetic at computer stuff apart from the very basic stuff such as connecting to the web or swapping a hard drive.
    The good news is that I CAN read so I'll have a go at the text in the link and see how it goes.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    09-19-2013 05:55 PM
    Update .....
    Just a quick update on what is going on chez moi. I still can't find a way to view files from my Mac computer on to my Note 10.1 but I HAVE found a way to make life simpler.
    I bought myself a Micro SD card reader. This means that there is no swapping and changing around with SD adapters. I just put a micro SD card into the card reader and plug it intoa USB slot on the MAC. I then delete all of the old stuff and fill the card up again with new stuff. Then take the micro SD card out of the card reader and stick it in the Note 10.1.
    I'm now good to go for another week. It's not as easy as watching direct from the Mac's hard drive but it is certainly a lot simpler than faffing about with Micro SD to standard SD card adapters
    Cheers, guys.
    Steve
    09-21-2013 12:33 PM