Galaxy Note 10.1 4.3

jlschulz

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
That makes no sense. If they didnt mean it to be compatible then why have a share function in s-note format. I got screwed with this assuming I could still transfer between devices when I moved from the note 2 to note 3.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I do hope or expect the original 10.1 to get 4.3 with it being its last update. Even if it were to get 4.3, I DO NOT expect it to have current S-pen features that I have on my Note 3. If it does get current S-pen features, that's great; if not, who cares so long as it comes with the updates that come with Android 4.3. Truthfully, I don't care all that much for updates as it wouldn't change the way I use my current tablet. I never expected my 10.1 to have features of the current 10.1 (ie. magazine, pen window, scrapbook, etc) because that isn't what I purchased.

Though yea, not being able to transfer S-note from an older device to a newer one is hot garbage.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Though yea, not being able to transfer S-note from an older device to a newer one is hot garbage.
You can indeed import the older S-Notes into the new S-Note but not vice-versa (unless I'm dead wrong on that). It'd be nice to see the Note 8.0 and Note 10.1 get updated to 4.3 but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You can indeed import the older S-Notes into the new S-Note but not vice-versa (unless I'm dead wrong on that). It'd be nice to see the Note 8.0 and Note 10.1 get updated to 4.3 but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Really, 4.3 or not wouldn't drastically change what I do with my tablet as I've said before.

gordonzhao

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you want the newest, latest and greatest, buy the new devices. I had a s3. Note II came out. I bought that. Year later, note iii was out and it had more of the things I was looking for, full hd screen, better pen features, better battery etc. I bought it. I still have my n8000. I thought about getting the 2014 edition but at the moment it's not worth the change for me. As much as I would like the software update to 4.3 I'll get it when I get it. Alternatively there is always a rom. You can root and install a rom which is 4.3, you may lose some of the spen features but you get 4.3 if that's what you really want.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Really, 4.3 or not wouldn't drastically change what I do with my tablet as I've said before.
I agree. 4.3 wouldn't change how I use any of my devices one bit. 4.3 on my Note 8.0 wouldn't change how I use that device one bit. I'm doubtful that performance would change for the better on it with 4.3 as the device performs quite well as it is.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My tablet works great on 4.1 but I would love to have both my mobile devices (note 10, 1 and Galaxy S4) on the same release. Consistency is a good thing.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If you want the newest, latest and greatest, buy the new devices. I had a s3. Note II came out. I bought that. Year later, note iii was out and it had more of the things I was looking for, full hd screen, better pen features, better battery etc. I bought it. I still have my n8000. I thought about getting the 2014 edition but at the moment it's not worth the change for me. As much as I would like the software update to 4.3 I'll get it when I get it. Alternatively there is always a rom. You can root and install a rom which is 4.3, you may lose some of the spen features but you get 4.3 if that's what you really want.

Business world and schools dont work like that. They dont change their devices like you do or they dont use custom roms. Remember that Note-serie (so called premium, flagships) is marketed to business and schools too. They are expecting to get better support for their products, not changing devices all the time. If Samsung cannot provide that, then Samsung wont be the manufacturer whose devices business/school sector will buy. So simple.. This is also the reason why MS and Apple are popular on these two sectors. They offer good support and compatibility...

And what you were describing too, you were talking about hardware changes. We are talking only about an updating software. We are not looking for changes in a hardware, only to get present devices working better and getting fixes to incompatibility issues.

As I know, they are trying to fix the SNote problem - got this from their support when I asked it using my business profile.. Something positive!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
For whatever use whether it is for school, business, or casual, the majority of the users of any tablet aren't cruising Android/Apple websites or forums to know what the latest updates are. We all represent just a small percentage of those who are really into getting updates or having any interest in what nice apps, ROMs, or skins are out there. Otherwise you'll just get the guy whose Note 10.1 has some type of bug to make a user name here to post about it only to never be heard from again once it's fixed. lol

It's crazy to think anyone who's in school or business won't purchase newer versions of the Note series just because of slow updates or stopped updates after a device is a year+ old. Ok, so you're not going to buy the new version that comes out, so that's not money in Samsung's pocket. Well if you're unhappy with how the updates are coming out, that's not money in Samsung's pocket in the future. Pretty much, you're reliant on another company to come out with a tablet with similar or better stylus features. As of now, there isn't anything out there. Then you pretty much have to find another manufacturer who does have quick updates of which only ONE exists which is a Nexus device if you're sticking with Android otherwise it's an Apple product. It won't be Google owned Motorola as even their cellphones with their Moto X and Droid line are still on 4.2 when 4.3 is already out. Funny thing is whether it is 4.1 or 4.3, it's still Jelly Bean.

I'm not trying to be a Samsung apologist by any means. Rather, I'd like to have the latest updates quickly and any bugs fixed as fast as possible. But this is how it's been with these Androids. A new version comes out then each manufacturer has to play with that to work with their skins. 4.2 came out less than 4 months after 4.1 was released; there should've been no expectation by anyone to get 4.2. If anyone is hoping for 4.3, it might come in January since these guys take approx 6 months to release something.

Last edited:

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For whatever use whether it is for school, business, or casual, the majority of the users of any tablet aren't cruising Android/Apple websites or forums to know what the latest updates are.

They dont check updates, they dont even care, BUT they are expecting that same line devices are working together without problems. And this simple thing seems to be impossible for Samsung. It seems to be more difficult than making new Galaxy Mini, Mega, Super, Hyper, Mumbo Jumbo...

Would you build your system depending on applications and devices made by Samsung? Will business/school invest tens or hundred of thousends for devices needed to replace on every year or twice a year? And it's not only to buy those devices but also to get them work and build a working concept around them. After that you need to train your staff etc...

Dont you ever wonder why Apple is so popular on these two area with iPads? And why MS is comming behind and fast with Surfaces? But hey, where is Samsung? So many flagships, so many good reviews for Notes. But still, every companies have iPads or Surfaces nowadays. Only individual customers have Notes (bought them by themselves). Sounds like you are thinking this thing more from a view of one person than from a view of company who invests lots of money to get a working concept. They dont invest to a concept changing all the time and facing incompatibility issue with devices.

Last edited:

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Surfaces come up fast? haha You're right on the iPad front, but I don't know a single person with a Surface even if a lot of my friend work in tech as I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm in biotech fwiw. Cry about it. :)

gordonzhao

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Business world and schools dont work like that. They dont change their devices like you do or they dont use custom roms. Remember that Note-serie (so called premium, flagships) is marketed to business and schools too. They are expecting to get better support for their products, not changing devices all the time. If Samsung cannot provide that, then Samsung wont be the manufacturer whose devices business/school sector will buy. So simple.. This is also the reason why MS and Apple are popular on these two sectors. They offer good support and compatibility...

And what you were describing too, you were talking about hardware changes. We are talking only about an updating software. We are not looking for changes in a hardware, only to get present devices working better and getting fixes to incompatibility issues.

As I know, they are trying to fix the SNote problem - got this from their support when I asked it using my business profile.. Something positive!

Let's ignore hardware for a moment then. I upgrade because hardware and the stock software was more of a bonus. How many schools and businesses actually have the latest software? That contradicts your point already. A lot of businesses in still use Windows xp and/or Vista, though 7 and 8 have been available. That's 2-3 generations old! Yet they're still using it.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Let's ignore hardware for a moment then. I upgrade because hardware and the stock software was more of a bonus. How many schools and businesses actually have the latest software? That contradicts your point already. A lot of businesses in still use Windows xp and/or Vista, though 7 and 8 have been available. That's 2-3 generations old! Yet they're still using it.

Exactly! This is the point. You can use old devices and software and they still are compatible with newer software/devices. Try to do that with Notes and share SNote files between them.The whole Note serie is quite new and barely year old devices are already incompatible with the newest one. This is the main problem.

gordonzhao

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've done that with s note. What are you talking about? The note series is 2 years old, the tablet of the note is 1.but based off the phone. How are they incompatible? Ever hear of Google? I use that and or Evernote to sync across the devices.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
How are they incompatible? Ever hear of Google? I use that and or Evernote to sync across the devices.

Ehm.. Do you know what SNote is? If you do, then make a SNote file with Note 10.1 / 8 / 2, share the file with Note 3, make some changes to it by Note 3, share it back to Note 10.1 / 2 / 8 and look what happens. You can use any application or cloud to sync the file between these devices.

Got another reply to my question about SNote incompatibility. Samsung said that it is related to Android 4.3 and their advice is sharing SNote files in pdf format.

:mad:

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use Samsung account to sync those too and it works fine.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It sounds like you dont know what we (or I) is talking about... The problem is not that we are unable to share files, the problem is that Note3 uses a new file extension in SNote file and Note 10/2/8 (if not updated) cannot open that new SNote file made by Note 3.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I hate when threads just turn into argument for argument sake. Obviously the point is solid that Samsung needs to be able to offer support to these devices for the long haul if they ever want to be taken seriously in business, and education. How can anyone even try to say that isn't true?

Samsung HAS to show people that they value their consumer base who are investing in something that Samsung is trying to accomplish. In this case, creating a culture of Note users in schooling and business. If they can't invest in us, why should we invest in them? I love Samsung and I have the S3 and the original Note 10.1. But they have to take that step if they ever want to unseat the dang iPad. Apple has created a culture that Samsung has not and it's because no one knows what Samsung is going to focus on next.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance