Accessories change because of the 2014 Note 10.1

Robert1775

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Now that the Note 10.1 is out and has done away with the 30 pin input connector and instead has a standard micro usb input, the accessories line for the Note 10.1 has changed. The 30 pin charger has started to disappear from retailers (I know of two stores that no longer stock it) and accessories that are out for Samsung have a micro usb plug instead. The new Note 10.1 2014 charger is 10 watts and not 5 watts as the charger for the original Note 10.1 is.

I was looking at Best Buy at the HDMI adapter and that has a micro usb input. I can't see how this would work with the original Note 10.1. I had waited to purchase a second charger for my Note 10.1 and made sure to get one of the last two at a Best Buy store before that disappears all together.

I have only had my Note 10.1 for three months and I am a bit annoyed - as Samsung has done this type of thing before. If they start with a connector that is proprietary - like the 30 pin (which is not at all compatible with Apple's 30 pin cables) and then switch to a Micro USB cable they could at least make available a converter from the 30 pin to the Micro USB that will work with chargers and other Samsung accessories. (When Apple changed their connector, adapters were made available to make accessories interchangeable.) (OR does such an adapter exist for Samsung? It would not be the USB adapter as that does not connect chargers.)

Robert1775

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the support chat with Samsung and their answer was too bad, what is made for the Note 10.1 2014 will not work with the original Note 10.1. Old accessories will be available only as long as Samsung factory parts stocks them as they disappear from retailers. So if you are considering buying the original Note and not the 2014 beware. Maybe someone will come up with an adapter???

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's unexpected. I have plenty of chargers but I didn't expect that attitude from Samsung. Thanks for letting us know.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Another valuable information not to trust and buy devices from Samsung anymore. I only wish there will be more than surface when it is time to replaced my "old" Note 10.1 (n8000). Unfortunately mine is the phone model, surface isnt.. Anyway, Im not going make the same mistake again and buy something from Samsung. You just cant rely on Samsung at all...All the premium is the price with these devices. It wasnt enought they made a smartwatch that doesnt work with their "premium" Note serie (only with Note3). Then they decided to update SNote application and it is now incompatible among other Note devices. Now this info... Enought for me...

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12