Using s-Notes between Note 10.1 and Note 3/2 version 4.3

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Currently i use both Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Note 2. Also use Google Drive to sync the s-notes and keep all notes on the tablet and phone.
s-notes created on the tablet is opened on the phone correctly and vice versa.

But how will this work when the update 4.3 will come out on the Note 2. I beleave the 4.3 update for the Note 10.1 will come later, much later.

The s-note files have changed on the Note 3, so i suspect also for the Note 2 v4.3
Can i open the Note 2 4.3 / Note 3 s-notes on the Note 10.1?
How does the sync with Google Drive work with this?

Personally i use the large screen of the Note 10.1 to write s-note diaries. And the Note 2 for all other s-notes. But sometime i edit an existing diary from the tablet on the phone.
But i never view (or edit) s-notes from the phone on the tablet.

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the GN 10.1 (2012) with my Galaxy Note 3 and to say it's difficult is an understatement. The new Snote in the GN3 will read the s-notes from the 10.1 however once I've opened them they automatically get converted to the new format and I can no longer read or edit them on the tablet. A kind of work around I'm using is I sync all my notes with Evernote and keep them separate. This way if I don't have my tablet I can at least view the notes with my 3. I sure hope they upgrade the 10.1 to 4.3 and the new software soon as I'd like to be able to view and edit regardless of which device I'm using. I'm very tempted to just jump on the new 10.1 (2014) but I can't justify spending another $600.00 on a device when my current 10.1 works so well.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
All of us S-note users with multiple Notes or friends with Notes share the dilemma. I can't imagine why they changed the file format yet they took away some of the S-note features. Drives me crazy enough I asked AT&T to let me return it after I'd had it three weeks and couldn't find a work around for the problem. Neither AT&T or Samsung showed any sympathy. Wait, I take that back, samsung reps did keep saying they were sorry for the inconvenience.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the GN 10.1 (2012) with my Galaxy Note 3 and to say it's difficult is an understatement. The new Snote in the GN3 will read the s-notes from the 10.1 however once I've opened them they automatically get converted to the new format and I can no longer read or edit them on the tablet. A kind of work around I'm using is I sync all my notes with Evernote and keep them separate. This way if I don't have my tablet I can at least view the notes with my 3. I sure hope they upgrade the 10.1 to 4.3 and the new software soon as I'd like to be able to view and edit regardless of which device I'm using. I'm very tempted to just jump on the new 10.1 (2014) but I can't justify spending another $600.00 on a device when my current 10.1 works so well.
Stumper, I had some things set to sync and accidentally had S-notes set to sync. It was set to go through my samsung account. I had all the S-notes on my Note 3 show up on the 10.1, three of them with padlocks. When I tried to open them, it asked for a password and NO password I've ever used with any account would work. I had other S-notes from my 3 just gave me an error if I tried to open them. When you were setting up syncing to Evernote, did you get any problems like that? No one at Samsung can tell me how to get rid of the S-notes with padlocks on them. I can't delete them because I don't know what password it's looking for. My solution has been to turn syncing off of everything and I just keep both Notes with me and use the 10.1 for some things and the 3 for others. I love the 10.1 and can't see upgrading to the new one. Have you found that after the last upgrade we can lasso around something from the web, and then save it to S-notes or something else? It's very similar to scrapbook on the 3 but doesn't save the web link. I like that but I'd really rather have compatibility!

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope never had the issue, but I knew of the issue ahead of time so I don't sync the 3 back to ever note. I push the 10.1 to ever note so I can at the very least read what's on the tablet. I use the tablet 99% of the time so it's a minor issue for me.
I sure wish I had action memo on the tablet though.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope never had the issue, but I knew of the issue ahead of time so I don't sync the 3 back to ever note. I push the 10.1 to ever note so I can at the very least read what's on the tablet. I use the tablet 99% of the time so it's a minor issue for me.
I sure wish I had action memo on the tablet though.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for letting me know how you use Evernote. I keep putting all my locked notes in a folder so they don't clutter the screen but it irritates me. Action memo works pretty slick but I think I've only actually used it twice. Same with scrapbooking. I thought I'd use it a lot and really forced myself to use it rather than S-notes thinking that once I got familiar with it, it'd become my favorite.... I went back to grabbing the 10.0 and sliding things to Snotes anyway. They should have put less into their gadgetry and kept the compatibility between S-notes. We can only keep our fingers crossed for an update to fix that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad