Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Stock Clock App?

KevinTMorrison

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I wasn't able to find any information about this with the search function, so I apologize if this has already been covered.

I have a Galaxy Note 2, as well as a Galaxy Note 10.1, from which I am submitting this post. I really like having consistency between the two devices, and I tend to gravitate towards apps that can be used on each device. That being said, I love the Note 2 stock clock function, particularly the timer feature which I use all the time when cooking, but for whatever reason the Note 10.1 doesn't have the same stock feature, it only has alarm widgets and a world clock feature.

The name of the app is a nondescript "clock," which is impossible to look for through google play, and I have had no luck finding it anywhere else. Does anybody know how I could go about installing this app on my tablet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

I also currently have Androod 4.1.3 on each device, though I don't know if that is important information or not

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope. For some reason Samsung eliminated the stock clock app from their version of the OS for this tablet. It was was specifically referenced in review of the note 10.1 by Android police (which was a rather negative review).

You will have load a third party app.

I own a note 10.1, a gs3, and a nexus 7. Samsung makes great devices, but after owning all three of those devices for a year, there is no comparison between the pure Google experience of the nexus 7 and Samsung's stunted software potentially worsened by the mediocrity of your cellular carrier.

I came from an older HTC, so I was initially very impressed by Samsung, but compared to a pure Google product they still have a way to go. It is Google that makes Samsung an Apple rival, not the other way around.

Sorry about the rant.

KevinTMorrison

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Ahh thanks for the information. That's unfortunate to hear, I was given the 10.1 as a gift and I've generally been happy with it because I'm a student, and S Note is extremely useful. Also I had the note 2 prior to receiving it, so staying in the Samsung family was a plus, but I also only have an old HTC to reference this against. I'll keep that in mind when I replace my note 2 sometime in the next year

Edit- Autocorrect mishap

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ahh thanks for the information. That's unfortunate to hear, I was given the 10.1 as a gift and I've generally been happy with it because I'm a student, and S Note is extremely useful. Also I had the note 2 prior to receiving it, so staying in the Samsung family was a plus, but I also only have an old HTC to reference this against. I'll keep that in mind when I replace my note 2 sometime in the next year

Edit- Autocorrect mishap

My 10.1 was a gift also. I probably would not have splurged for it on my own, but I have been very happy with it to date. My kids love to play games and watch videos on it because the screen is bigger (even if the resolution is lower--they don't notice).

The 10.1 may not have been the best bang for your buck, but it still has some great design features in 10 inch tablet that you won't find anywhere else: S Pen, infrared blaster, front facing speakers, SD card slot. I personally love to use it as a big a $ $ TV guide/ remote (with WatchON). Makes me feel like Sulu. Warp factor five, captain!

KiwiBird97

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, on the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, it DOES have a timer, but you need to open the alarm editing screen first. Below the alarm time will show you "Alarm set for X minutes from now" and will count down in real-time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles