Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Any news on our tablets for updates

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has had heard rumors or found proof that we at some point will get an update?
Come the s3 and s4 are still being updated thats new gen and old gen, makes sense to me that our gen and the 2014 would still be updated....right?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
4.3 roll outs on S4 have been suspended due to some kind of issue. So I would not look for an update until that is resolved.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has had heard rumors or found proof that we at some point will get an update?
Come the s3 and s4 are still being updated thats new gen and old gen, makes sense to me that our gen and the 2014 would still be updated....right?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Is it possible that this theoretical update might bring some or all of the new s-pen functionality now on the GN3 / Note 2014. It's great on my GN3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

thurmanbr549

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
rarydute.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the answer would be same if you have asked:
"do we get android 7.0?"
yes you will receive the update notification from samsung
"can i update myself to be rich?"
you can use kies to get updates when they are out.

CHARLES VENTER

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
What is the customary mourning period? How long do we have to wait before we give up and assume that the original equipment manufacturer has truly abandoned us, even though they won't tell that to our face(s)?

We call and they answer but they just tell us to wait and things will work out, we can tell that the relationship has ended, they have made a new tablet and they are off updating their new owners.

Do we give up and start playing the field? (I heard Cyanomod likes more matures users...)

:)

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I asked the guy at the Samsung store about the update. He said that we will get an update but it will not be an update that will make our original Note 10.1 like the 2014 version. He said that the original version is not powerful enough to handle the new S - PEN stuff along with all the other new software the new Note 10.1 2014 comes with. He said that we will see Kit Kat between now and the end of February. I have been thinking of selling my original note 10.1 and buying the new 2014 version.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I asked the guy at the Samsung store about the update. He said that we will get an update but it will not be an update that will make our original Note 10.1 like the 2014 version. He said that the original version is not powerful enough to handle the new S - PEN stuff along with all the other new software the new Note 10.1 2014 comes with. He said that we will see Kit Kat between now and the end of February. I have been thinking of selling my original note 10.1 and buying the new 2014 version.

Not enough powerful? Maybe Samsung then should start coding better...

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

estugarda

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It is powerful enough, just like note2 is powerful enough to run note3 features. More importantly, even Note1 is "powerful enough" to run Note3 features. So it's BS.
If we do get 4.3, it will be just like 4.3 for Note2; stripped of all note3 features. But that would bring some hope, because we could get the mod with the new features just like we did for the Note2. Maybe this is the reason why the 4.3 is so late for n80xx models. Maybe Samsung is affraid of dev community turning note 2012 into the note 2014 with a simple mod, and shuttering the "not powerful enough" lies to bits.
I seriously doubt actually that we will get anything past 4.1.2. Especially now that the q4 results seem to be bad for samsung. Which is, of course, their own fault. And a result of idiotic policy; trying to keep boat afloat with spitting out more models than they can support. I hope they will change their minds, because I really like the note devices. Nevertheless, n7100 and n8010 will be the last Sammy devices for me, if they keep up like this.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

joslynca

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
So I just had an update JZ054K.I925VRAMK1 pushed to me last night, but it appears to be ONLY two new "default, irremovable features" Watchon and S Educate, neither of which I want. They're FORCING me to take this, and all I can see is that it risks BREAKING things and pushing more useless GARBAGE on me. Do I understand correctly?