Change the Galaxy Tab for a Galaxy Note?

Carolina Mogas

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I'm new at this forum and recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet and I'm not really sure what to think of it yet. I was looking for a tablet I could use exceptionally for college purposes: to write essays, to take notes, to browse the web and essentially manage my college life (and of course watching a couple of movies from time to time :p). I found the Galaxy Note 10.1 on the internet and fell in love with it, but the Galaxy Tab 3 was on sale on a local store and I read some good reviews about it so I bought it. I found out that it lags so much it becomes irritating and reboots at least once per day. I eventually installed Nova Launcher and the lag almost disapparead but it still happens when I'm browsing the web from time to time, and the reboots still continue , so I may return it or ask for another one. I read a couple threads saying you could root the Tab and use it for note taking too, but I'm not sure about rooting it now, since I will lose my warranty and I need it now because I'm in my first year in college. The display resolution really doesn't bother me that much, of course a better resolution screen wouldn't hurt a thing, but what I really want is something portable and productive so I don't have to carry around my laptop which is very heavy...

Should I buy the Galaxy Note or stay with the Tab?

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Dont buy yet, wait!

If you want Note, wait to get their newer one. There are already apps that wont work with Note 10.1 (with this one, A4.1.2). Atleast if you are going to buy smart-accessories there is growing number of applications using new features that are only available from a4.2/4.3.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

Petr Tanker1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't even think to stay with TAB 3. I got good ol' GT-N8000. And it's no tru about 4.1.2 no working apps. True is, if you are affraid of no working apps. So you can upgrade, and now is offical, to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Or you can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000 the differencies between N8000, N8010 and 8013 an so on you could find on my GOOGLE+ or XDA) GT-N8000 has mobile (cell) phone inside so with blutooth earphone like HM120 from Samsung you can call as you want. And next credits for N8000 is a lot custom ROM. From 4.0.4 to 4.4.2 :) Have nice thinking... Peter

Carolina Mogas

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Don't even think to stay with TAB 3. I got good ol' GT-N8000. And it's no tru about 4.1.2 no working apps. True is, if you are affraid of no working apps. So you can upgrade, and now is offical, to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Or you can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000 the differencies between N8000, N8010 and 8013 an so on you could find on my GOOGLE+ or XDA) GT-N8000 has mobile (cell) phone inside so with blutooth earphone like HM120 from Samsung you can call as you want. And next credits for N8000 is a lot custom ROM. From 4.0.4 to 4.4.2 :) Have nice thinking... Peter

Thank you for all your answers! I actually bought the note 1 week ago and i'm loving it. The tab is nothing compared to this and i have no regrets. I read too that the kit kat update was confirmed for it, anyone knows when it will arrive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo