Kindle Payment Method Google Wallet Problems. Help!!!!

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Having trouble with the kindle payment method on my tablet; it was through my Google wallet, and the credit card expired so when I tried to purchase books nothing went through. However, I updated my card info and still Kindle isn't working. Here's what happens:

I open the store, I go to the page of the book I want. I click '1 click buy'. It says 'thank you for your purchase. Downloading now.' Then the notice pops up 'your download is taking longer than expected; go back to your library and enjoy your book!' But, no book appears. I've tried everything. It's not my Internet connection, it isn't the card (a Google wallet purchase went through on another app) I've restarted my tablet, made absolutely sure that I wasn't making some stupid mistake.. But nothing!!

Anyone know what the heck I can do?? I've searched but to no avail. ?

Posted via Android Central App

jlbattagli

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
A couple of things come to mind...

A. Does your Google Wallet/credit card show a completed transaction for the book? Meaning, have you been charged for the book? If the transaction hasn't actually gone through on Amazon (or you are able to download other books, see below), your best bet would be to contact Amazon customer service, as it appears your wallet/credit card is working with other vendors.

B. Have you tried to purchase/download a different book? I can understand if you don't want to try to spend money on another book at this point, but there are free books available for download. If you can't download anything, that might indicate a problem with either the Amazon servers or your Kindle app download queue. It may be worth the time to uninstall/reinstall Kindle on your tablet - your previously purchased books would still be available. But again, I would suggest contacting Amazon customer service first.

HTH