Galaxy Note 10.1: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hold on wait..........lemme pinch myself. Ouuu, nope I'm not dreamin. No pigs in the air yet either.

I am Aquaman!

Last edited:

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4.4.2 Kit Kat Update

Oh but it does. To Samsung maybe. Didn't they just release a few new tablets. Surely they wouldn't update our measly $500 device. They have $900 ones to sell. Sad to say, we'll be waiting. Cue the jeopardy theme.

I am Aquaman!

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

We will get the update ...The TAB Series is getting it According to on Samsung rep that I spoke with today. Just be patient.
BTw, This is My first post with My 10.1 and I LOVE IT!
The s-Pen is amazing

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

We will get the update ...The TAB Series is getting it According to on Samsung rep that I spoke with today. Just be patient.
BTw, This is My first post with My 10.1 and I LOVE IT!
The s-Pen is amazing

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Love your confidence.

Posted via Android Central App

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

What is the kit kat update supposed to do for us?

Compatibility, for example the new snote wont work on our note, new api-levels with new features for devs to make apps having more functionalities. Working trim I hope. Compatibility with new smart accessories. Etc...

About api:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Sent from my N8000.

Scott Moore3

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I would like to know where this update is. And no I do not think I deserve an update, the tablet works great the way it is. Just sucks when you spend this kind of money 3 months ago and you see all these new devices releasing and them releasing updated software for them. Makes you feel left behind. If that is Samsung's point then this will be the last Samsung tablet I purchase. It's coming up on 2 months since they advised that they would release KitKat for this device and that is the last I have seen or herd.

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

I would like to know where this update is. And no I do not think I deserve an update, the tablet works great the way it is. Just sucks when you spend this kind of money 3 months ago and you see all these new devices releasing and them releasing updated software for them. Makes you feel left behind. If that is Samsung's point then this will be the last Samsung tablet I purchase. It's coming up on 2 months since they advised that they would release KitKat for this device and that is the last I have seen or herd.

Scott, don't short change yourself. You do deserve an update, as we all do. If not an update, then support. And I feel that the support for this tablet warrants not only an update but up to date features as well. I have said it before, this tablet was a flagship device at one point and is more than capable of handling up to date features. I think it's absolutely horrible how this tablet was released late 2012 and a year later, Samsung released another one and called it the 2014 edition. Great marketing on their part but, a lousy effort to fool the minds of those who know better. Why didn't they call this one the 2013 edition. Does any other device get a year added to its title? And all these clowns who wanna put you down and say you don't deserve an update, can kiss my A$$. Some of us don't have $500 to just flush down the toilet. I really can care less who flames this post, I stand behind what I believe. And a lot of people hide behind their keyboards and talk trash that they wouldn't talk when standing toe to toe in front of the person they're trolling. I'm not holding my breath for an update for this tablet. I'll keep this one til it dies and see what the market has at that time. Keep the faith though.

I am Aquaman!

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Scott, don't short change yourself. You do deserve an update, as we all do. If not an update, then support. And I feel that the support for this tablet warrants not only an update but up to date features as well. I have said it before, this tablet was a flagship device at one point and is more than capable of handling up to date features. I think it's absolutely horrible how this tablet was released late 2012 and a year later, Samsung released another one and called it the 2014 edition. Great marketing on their part but, a lousy effort to fool the minds of those who know better. Why didn't they call this one the 2013 edition. Does any other device get a year added to its title? And all these clowns who wanna put you down and say you don't deserve an update, can kiss my A$$. Some of us don't have $500 to just flush down the toilet. I really can care less who flames this post, I stand behind what I believe. And a lot of people hide behind their keyboards and talk trash that they wouldn't talk when standing toe to toe in front of the person they're trolling. I'm not holding my breath for an update for this tablet. I'll keep this one til it dies and see what the market has at that time. Keep the faith though.

I am Aquaman!
Totally disagree - Samsung's only obligations are to its shareholders. If one disagrees with how it conducts its business, vote with your feet/dollars. Complaining will get zero results.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Just sucks when you spend this kind of money 3 months ago and you see all these new devices releasing and them releasing updated software for them. Makes you feel left behind.

As far as I know this is how technology works. There's always gonna be something newer and better not long after you buy the latest and greatest and companies are going to favor the latest and greatest. If they were to pump upgrades into the older devices they're essentially making it easy and even inviting for people to hang on to the old rather than spend money on the next latest and greatest which would make for a smaller profit margin. They like big money so why would they cut their own throats voluntarily?

Deb from my Note 3

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
When the update starts rolling out you can bet it will be all over the forum. Expect a mad dash for first to post bragging rights :).

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Synycalwon said:
keep in mind the original Note 10.1 launched with ICS and later received a major update to Jelly Bean (minor maintenance updates since). At this point in its life cycle, the chance of it receiving any more major updates is low. To expect otherwise will just leave you disappointed.

It will get kitkat.

Keep also in mind that the original note 10.1 came market on September 2012, here, with ics and got jb on january 2013, four months later. Since then no android 4.2, 4.3 and we are waiting for 4.4. Meanwhile they made changes to the core application SNote and people got gray hairs when they tried to share their notes.

It is at the end of its so called life cycle (18months) and they now are going to release kitkat. Why didnt they update it before? Before it costs money. Now they will give a final update to it and they saved alot of money by skipping over 4.2 and 4.3. But they also lost some customers, I bet. It was a very bad decision to let people who bought their flagship waiting and having problems e.g. with the compatibility. Business and educational sector lost its interest to invest money to tablets made by samsung. They really cant build they ecosystem around os and devices which are not kept up-to-date. Samsung had a very good chance to get a leg between the door and they missed it. People I know and who makes decisions for their companies (comp. stuff) have zero points interests to invest to android. Note 10.1 had its chance to make huge changes within companies and schools but samsung ruined it totally. They lost their interest to Note when they realized that Samsung cant even keep their flagship updated. What a missed opportunity!

Sent from my N8000.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't hold your breath while waiting for this to happen.

I dont need to.

"DALLAS, February 18, 2014 – Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that a number of Samsung Galaxy? devices will receive the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) software update, enriching the Galaxy experience. [] Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note? 3, Galaxy Note? II, Galaxy S? 4, Galaxy S? 4 mini™, Galaxy S? 4 Active™, Galaxy S? 4 zoom™, Galaxy S? III, Galaxy S? III mini™, Galaxy Mega?, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note? 8.0, Galaxy Tab? 3, Galaxy Note? 10.1, Galaxy Note? 10.1 2014 Edition."
Samsung USA confirms Android 4.4 KitKat update for multiple devices, rollout begins today | SamMobile

"Recently Samsung U.S. published list of smartphones and tablets to get KitKat update. Today Polish blogger Robert Nawrowski obtained global KitKat update list from Samsung Poland.
GALAXY Note 10.1
GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Some of those devices might ‘jump’ directly to KitKat and some might get Jelly Bean first."
Samung Poland posts global KitKat update list - SammyToday

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't Verizon have to get a hold of it first do their thing with it and take their time and release it when they're ready?

And I just noticed that article is dated back in February.

Deb from my Note 3

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is from feb., so it is only matter of time... a week? Another month? Months? Who knows... but i read that the test version is out already.

Sent from my N8000.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is from feb., so it is only matter of time... a week? Another month? Months? Who knows... but i read that the test version is out already.
I repeat, don't hold your breath waiting. I too saw the February announcement. It reminded me of similar, equally hopeful one regarding an impending global upgrade of my GT 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210) from ICS to JB. Did it happen? Yup. Did it happen in the US? Nope. Eventually I rooted the device and flashed the UK version of the ROM and I was happily on my way although I eventually "gifted" the device and replaced it with a GT 3 8.0.

After a major, official upgrade from HC to ICS, an OTA/Kies upgrade to JB the GT 7.0 Plus never happened in the US despite the announcement from Samsung. Just sayin'.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11