Galaxy Note 10.1: 4.4.2 KitKat Update

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am tired of the wait for the update to KitKat on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2012. This will be my last Android 10.1 tablet. Since it 8 on Wifi we should of been got the update. I love my Gnote3 and will get the GNOTE4. I just don't know if i want to deal with Samsung when it comes to their tablets anymore. It just seems like Samsung forgets about their old tablets. Thinking about jumping to icrap for iPad only. Looks like they get updates in for their tablets in a timely manner. It is sad because I loved my Gnote 10.1.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I am tired of the wait for the update to KitKat on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2012. This will be my last Android 10.1 tablet. Since it 8 on Wifi we should of been got the update. I love my Gnote3 and will get the GNOTE4. I just don't know if i want to deal with Samsung when it comes to their tablets anymore. It just seems like Samsung forgets about their old tablets. Thinking about jumping to icrap for iPad only. Looks like they get updates in for their tablets in a timely manner. It is sad because I loved my Gnote 10.1.

I feel you. We wait so long for an update and it's a crap update. It's like they gave it to us just to shut us up. Nothin really to get excited about. They just want you to keep buying the new stuff. NOPE.

I am Aquaman!

Lyke

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My N8000 is awaiting update installation. I'm waiting for a review before I update, my only gripe right now is that someone mentioned their battery draining faster. Is it true?

I charge my note using an apple 2A wall charger with the original cable, which I find retains battery better than Samsung's own Note 3 charger since the original wall charger supplied went haywire(it took more than 10 hours to full charge - probably due to voltage fluctuation in my house).

Is there any review about the Kit Kat update?

eggweirdo

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
My note 10.1 2012 automatically updated to android 4.4.2. Now the UI lags and I had to charge 11, yes eleven, hours for my note to be fully charged :((

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My note 10.1 2012 automatically updated to android 4.4.2. Now the UI lags and I had to charge 11, yes eleven, hours for my note to be fully charged :((

Are you in the United States or elsewhere? I still did not get the update for my 10.1 2012.

Calanoid

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you in the United States or elsewhere? I still did not get the update for my 10.1 2012.

So far has been rolled out in Germany and much of Asia for the N8000 and earlier today for Netherlands, UK, and France for the N8010. Nothing yet for N8013.

No ETA for US.

Mirhako

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Still no update in the US. I love my Samsung tablet, but having to wait so long for updates is a pain. Thought of buying the new Note 10.1, but scared of buying it and not getting update for over a year.

Yes, im complaining. But still happy with the hardware Samsung uses. The slow updates will keep me from buying new stuff more often, but for now I'll take Samsung over Apple any day.

Posted via Android Central App

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Still no update in the US. I love my Samsung tablet, but having to wait so long for updates is a pain. Thought of buying the new Note 10.1, but scared of buying it and not getting update for over a year.

Yes, im complaining. But still happy with the hardware Samsung uses. The slow updates will keep me from buying new stuff more often, but for now I'll take Samsung over Apple any day.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with you 100%. I love my Gnote 10.1 2012 but waiting so long for an update, I will not get another one. I have been thinking about getting dare I say it a crapple iPad. I will stick with my GNOTE3 and will get the GNOTE4. Frustrated with Samsung for their slow fullness with their Updates for 10.1.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous how long this is taking for US folks. Hopefully we'll be seeing it before the end of the summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App