Synchronising with Outlook

kadmos

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have just purchased Galaxzy Note 10.1 2014.
I am looking for advice on the best app for synchronizing Tasks, calender, contacts with the tablet. With my previous tablet (ASUS Transformer) I used Companion Link and was not very happy with it. It seemed to conflict with Outlook and I had to close it before I could load Outlook.
Any advice much appreciated.
John

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have just purchased Galaxzy Note 10.1 2014.
I am looking for advice on the best app for synchronizing Tasks, calender, contacts with the tablet. With my previous tablet (ASUS Transformer) I used Companion Link and was not very happy with it. It seemed to conflict with Outlook and I had to close it before I could load Outlook.
Any advice much appreciated.
John

Hello, welcome to Android Central.

Have you tried the Outlook app?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=com.outlook.Z7&token=IeKgfCcu

kadmos

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion. I had a look at site and there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with that app. I would also like to hear from those who use it successfully. I see that it syncs email but could not see calendar and tasks.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion. I had a look at site and there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with that app. I would also like to hear from those who use it successfully. I see that it syncs email but could not see calendar and tasks.

Well, here is my setup.

For calendars, I use DigiCal.
It syncs my events that I have on Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar.

For emails, I use Aquamail Pro and CloudMagic. I switch between them just to spice things up a bit.

CyberchickK

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am using Akruto Sync. It costs $25 bucks, but it seems to work well. I wanted to sync my HTC One with my desktop Outlook, NOT the cloud. It takes a little finagling, but once it's set up, it works flawlessly. They also suggest an additional app for Notes, which was missing on my phone. That worked too.

ntvtxn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
A free option is Samsung Kies 3 -- however, I heard it had a lot of problems. Hearing good things about AkrutoSync. The Outlook app that Wizzrah mentions -- I believe -- works with Outlook.com, not Outlook for PCs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad