I bricked my N8010 please help

rodrigofantino

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there I was trying to update to kitkat my tab via ODIN after some research i found a room that it said it would work with N8000. Someone asked if it would work with the N8010 and they said yes. So I tried It wasnt my first time flashing a room so I did the usual go into download mode bla bla bla. I start the process and after a while odin says its finished but the tab is still in the "download please do not turn off target" screen. So I give it a while longer, it´s still in that screen so I reboot it and nothing happens the tab turns off and turns on on its self and goes back to that screen. I can´t go into recovery. I just can go into Download Mode ( Now in the model it says N8000) too bad It seams it didn´t work on the N8010. So I tryied to flash a stock room for my tab and odin fails

This is the ODIN logcat

<ID:0/014> Odin v.3 engine (ID:14)..
<ID:0/014> File analysis..
<ID:0/014> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/014> Initialzation..
<ID:0/014> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/014> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/014> recovery.img
<ID:0/014> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/014>
<ID:0/014> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Do you have any ideas?

The odin always fails I think maybe the bootloader is for the N8000 and that device has a home button so thats why i cant get into recovery maybe but no idea why odin still fails the instalation.

thanks in advance and please help me with some Ideas. :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try to download the ROM again, and try to reflash. If that doesn't work you may have to send it to a JTAG service.

rodrigofantino

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried that allready the odin allways fails. There wasnt an error during update the cause was that the os was ment for the N8000 not the N8010 Im almost sure of it.

Trying to install a stock room doesn´t work either.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried that allready the odin allways fails. There wasnt an error during update the cause was that the os was ment for the N8000 not the N8010 Im almost sure of it.

Trying to install a stock room doesn´t work either.

Then looking into a JTAG service may be needed.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app