How to remove window button on lower right side of screen?

KennyTSV

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I am using a stock operating system for my n8010 tablet. And I notice that installing browsers like firefox leads to a new button getting added to the bottom right portion of the screen while in browser mode. The button is for reducing and maximising the browser window. The issue is that this button covers the right-arrow cursor arrow key of my hackers keyboard app.....so that I can't use that arrow key.....since that browser button covers over the cursor key.

Is there a way to hide or remove that button? Also...the arrow keys for hackers keyboard surprisingly do NOT work in the stock n8010 browser..... which is why I am trying to use another browser where these key works......except the mentioned button gets in the way of things. The button does not exist in the stock browser..... it only exists in firefox...chrome...safari etc.

The attached screenshot shows that button I want to remove or hide on the lower right of the browser window.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-11-07-34-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-11-07-34-47.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

KennyTSV

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I found a kind of work-around to the issue. The issue is that after installing a non-stock web-browser such as firefox, safari, etc, the android operating system automatically adds a 'restore' button to the lower-right-hand side of the browser window. And when you're trying to run a keyboard app that has arrow/cursor keys, such as hackers keyboard, then that 'restore' hides the right-arrow key, so that you can't use that arrow key.

My temporary work-around is to press that restore key. This will reduce the browser window size, which then allows you to use the cursor key. Not ideal, but at least allows you to use the arrow-key if you need to.

In the meantime, hoping that somebody knows how to remove or hide that 'restore' button even if it means modifying android system files (de-compiling and recompiling). I just want to remove it.