I'm looking for a hardware solution (possibly an analog-digital interface) to connect my xlr microphone to my Galaxy Note tab 10.1 with s-pen I bought back in winter of 2012, to run sound through a software sequencer called Audio Evolution.

At the time of purchase, there were a number of equipment reviews on youtube and elsewhere online that touted being able to plug a studio quality mic into the tablet. Shortly after I got my mic shipped to me, I found all these equipment reviews disappeared. I have to guess that it was perhaps found they all failed and so they were pulled, but that's just a guess.

I'd love to know that I'm wrong and that there is a hardware solution that works that has escaped me in my searching online. Am I? Is there?
    12-16-2014 12:41 AM
    How about an XLR jack, a 3.5mm plug, a 0.1uf non-polarized capacitor, some wire, solder and a soldering iron?
    12-16-2014 01:25 AM
    I have been doing a little bit of related research, trying to decide on a mic, and wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy an ipoh just for recording. I came across this site (see below). I don't see any reason to need a zoom, why not just use a regular audio interface?

If I find anything else out, I will let you know.

I'm sort of new to recording, having only done quick things for class assignments wi the Audacity. Can you tell me more about your app?

USB Audio Recording for Android Devices
    12-23-2014 11:37 AM