I want to use a bluetooth headset to listen to music and watch movies with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013. Basically looking for the wireless headset capability. I have used bluetooth to connect my cell phone to my tablet, but I cannot connect a bluetooth headset to my tablet. I know bluetooth is working, but I just can't get the tablet to recognize any headset. So far I have tried Plantronics and Jabra. Anyone know of a headset that is proven to work?
    02-13-2015 06:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Were those headsets you tried to connect only single ear headsets? Those might not be designed to stream Media Audio. Look for Bluetooth stereo headsets, which have the ability to stream both Phone Audio and Media Audio. You can see those selections if you go to Settings>Bluetooth, select the Bluetooth headset, and look at the checkbox selections.
    02-14-2015 01:54 AM
    Yes they were. I made sure that was included in the features of both headsets I tried. Both headsets worked just fine for streaming music and movie audio from my smartphone (they even had audio controls built in), but neither headset would show up when I scanned for bluetooth devices on my GN10.1.
    02-14-2015 01:59 AM
    BTW, the two headsets I tried were the Plantronics M70, and the Jabra Classic.
    02-14-2015 02:02 AM
    I have the LG Tone Pro and it works great with my 10.1 Just curious, does your 10.1 see anything when you scan for other devices? Sorry for the obvious question but was the device in pairing mode when you sanned for it. I am just wondering if your bluetooth radio is going bad. I did pair my Platronic Discovery 975SE and it saw it and paired but it wouldn't stream audio at all.
    02-14-2015 07:39 PM
    I have the LG Tone Pro and it works great with my 10.1 Just curious, does your 10.1 see anything when you scan for other devices? Sorry for the obvious question but was the device in pairing mode when you sanned for it. I am just wondering if your bluetooth radio is going bad. I did pair my Platronic Discovery 975SE and it saw it and paired but it wouldn't stream audio at all.
    Yes, my 10.1 found several other devices, including my phone. When I tested the Jabra, I was sitting in the Best Buy parking lot, and my tab picked up on nearly a dozen other devices from people just walking by my car with their phones.
    02-14-2015 08:38 PM
    I guess I should have been more specific. I am wanting to use a single ear bluetooth headset, like the ones that you see douchebags wearing that think they are somebody important. There are many models that stream music, and both of the ones I tested worked just fine with my phone, just not with my tablet. Im beginning to wonder if those headsets only work with cell phones.
    02-14-2015 08:45 PM
    Wish I could have helped. I was just thinking about getting one myself for listening to my classes online lectures at work. I was thinking about trying this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QEY...cUvbUpU4233230
    02-14-2015 10:48 PM
    That's exactly what I'm looking for, providing it works. I might have to try it.
    02-15-2015 12:26 AM
    That's exactly what I'm looking for, providing it works. I might have to try it.
    Well I just ordered one; Will have it on Wednesday. Guess I'll be back here to let you know how it goes.
    02-15-2015 12:40 AM
    Great, i will just wait then. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
    02-15-2015 09:16 AM
    Seems my headset was delayed due to the holiday. Just got it. Testing....
    02-19-2015 12:57 PM
    We have a successful pairing!
    02-19-2015 12:58 PM
    Good news! I have tested it with my 10.1 tablet and all seems to be working! The part of the earpiece that is visible outside of your ear is a little larger than I would have liked, but it's not bad. It comes with several different inserts to fit many types of ears. It also comes with a second earpiece that plugs into the main one through the micro USB port, so you can have stereo sound if you want. I ordered a different one from the one you posted that was slightly cheaper and claimed to be a newer version, but looks to be the same product. I've only had it for a few hours but it looks like this is the solution to my problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4241291
    B. Diddy and staffman28 like this.
    02-19-2015 12:58 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I know what's being dropped in my cart soon.
    02-20-2015 06:21 AM
    Djrollerx#AC, I received mine today and it works great. Just what I was looking for. Thank you for the review.
    02-25-2015 05:58 PM
    Djrollerx#AC, I received mine today and it works great. Just what I was looking for. Thank you for the review.
    That's great. Glad it worked for you like it did for me.
    02-25-2015 06:00 PM