My tab was performing well last night. I woke up today to discover that it isn't working at all. It was switched off and when i turned it on it just shows 'SAMSUNG" written on an entire black screen and nothing happens. It just remains as it is entirely stagnant until I turn it off. I don't think it's a battery issue as my tab is charging. But then it doesn't turn on. when I try turning it on "SAMSUNG" comes up on the screen and then nothing happens. It remains over there until turned off manually.
    What should I do? Please help.
    Will I be able to retrieve my entire data?
    04-03-2015 01:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition. Follow the steps in this video starting at 1:05, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

04-03-2015 07:44 PM
    Thanks for your support but the problem is my tab won't start and it does not enter the recovery mode either. Once I switch it on only Samsung written on the screen appears and then nothing happens. It goes into infinite loop.
    I can't even enter the Recovery mode neither by using power and volume key nor through command prompt by connecting it to the computer.
    What should I do then?
    04-06-2015 06:15 AM
    Are you able to boot into Download Mode? If so, you could try reflashing the stock firmware: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html

Otherwise, you might be stuck.
    04-06-2015 11:43 AM
    When I had problems in the past with a Bootloop, I was told to keep the power button pushed down for like 10 Seconds and you should be able to reboot and get out of the bootloop. Always worked for me. Not sure if that's your problem if you can get out of it and it restarts again into a bootloop. I just thought I'd share. Long press it until it comes out and see if any of the options B. Diddy told you, you can do. Hope that helps.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-08-2015 11:30 AM
    That's a good suggestion--pressing and holding Power for 10-15 seconds forces a power down on most Android devices, so that's also helpful if the device is frozen on some other screen.
    04-08-2015 03:38 PM