Why can't I use Google services after I reset my device to factory settings?

A

AC Question

i cant use google services after i reset my device to factory settings.

i rooted my samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition and then decided to unroot, so i could update my device. i tried unrooting through super user, using full unroot. After that i tried updating but it said i couldnt because my device had been modified. i checked if it was rooted using root check, and it said I wasn't rooted. I then decided to reset my device to factory settings (it deleted everything) to see if it would solve the problem. It didn't, it still says my device has been modified and now I can't login with my Google account to use Google services like the play store, YouTube and other things. It says I don't have a good internet connection or something like that. I've tried the time changing method and clearing data and cache from the play store and it still doesn't work. So my questions are, how do I upgrade (fully unroot) and how do I fix the bad connection problem it says I have when I try to login to google services.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: i cant use google services after i reset my device to factory settings.

i rooted my samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition and then decided to unroot, so i could update my device. i tried unrooting through super user, using full unroot. After that i tried updating but it said i couldnt because my device had been modified. i checked if it was rooted using root check, and it said I wasn't rooted. I then decided to reset my device to factory settings (it deleted everything) to see if it would solve the problem. It didn't, it still says my device has been modified and now I can't login with my Google account to use Google services like the play store, YouTube and other things. It says I don't have a good internet connection or something like that. I've tried the time changing method and clearing data and cache from the play store and it still doesn't work. So my questions are, how do I upgrade (fully unroot) and how do I fix the bad connection problem it says I have when I try to login to google services.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try installing Samsung Kies and see if you can do the update through Kies.

Noe Alvarez

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

It says it isn't compatible with kies 2.6.
I made another account, I'm the one who made the question.

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a strong wifi connection and can you connect to other non google services? If so your wifi is ok.
You say you did the change time method but I'm not sure what that means. Make sure your date, time and time zone are correct. Then try to log in to your google account again. Google services won't work if your date and time are incorrect.

Regarding a modified device. Simply unrooting won't make it official again. If you go into settings--> about tablet-->status, it will say "official" on an unaltered device and "custom" if you have rooted or flashed a different rom. You can only receive updates on an Official device. Your tablet probably says Custom. You need to run Triangle away to restore it to Official status.

Sent from my SM-T320

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams