I turned on my Note 10.1 and swiped the screen to unlock and must have touched something. Now I get an error message, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

I turned on my Note 10.1 and swiped the screen to unlock and must have touched something.

It now speaks "page XX of 5" every time I turn the page. How can I turn this voice off?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I turned on my Note 10.1 and swiped the screen to unlock and must have touched something.

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accessibility​, and make sure TalkBack is turned off.

Bob Robertson1

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: I turned on my Note 10.1 and swiped the screen to unlock and must have touched something.

TalkBack was off, but I tried to turn it on then off to see if anything would happen, and now I can't turn TalkBack off again.

Bob Robertson1

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

Fixed the TalkBack issue. Now just need to get the other talk issue fixed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to the App Manager and disable Google Text-To-Speech and Samsung Text-To-Speech. I saw a forum thread where this helped (along with turning off TalkBack). They were able to re-enable Google and Samsung TTS afterwards, but kept TalkBack off).

Bob Robertson1

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

I turned off the Google Text-To-Speech and that seemed to solve the problem. Thanks so much!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87