I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition running 4.4.2, and a Galaxy Note 4 running 5.0.1. I got both devices because I'm a *huge* fan of being able to take handwritten notes. Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with the S Note App.

For some reason I have different pen options depending on the device I'm using. For example there is a "Calligraphy Pen", that doesn't appear on my tablet. On my tablet I have a "Pen" (looks like a roller ball pen) option that isn't on my phone. It's driving me crazy because I can't edit notes from one device on the other if I've used a pen style not supported by the other device.

This has been an issue since I got the phone (I had the tablet first), even when my phone was running 4.4.2.

I've searched the net looking for answers, but either I'm not wording my query correctly or no one else has noticed the problem because I can't find a solution.

It makes no sense to me that the pen options are not the same between devices.

Please, Help!
    07-21-2015 01:42 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition running 4.4.2, and a Galaxy Note 4 running 5.0.1. I got both devices because I'm a *huge* fan of being able to take handwritten notes. Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with the S Note App.

For some reason I have different pen options depending on the device I'm using. For example there is a "Calligraphy Pen", that doesn't appear on my tablet. On my tablet I have a "Pen" (looks like a roller ball pen) option that isn't on my phone. It's driving me crazy because I can't edit notes from one device on the other if I've used a pen style not supported by the other device.

This has been an issue since I got the phone (I had the tablet first), even when my phone was running 4.4.2.

I've searched the net looking for answers, but either I'm not wording my query correctly or no one else has noticed the problem because I can't find a solution.

Please, Help!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever figure this out?
    07-24-2015 07:06 AM
    Not yet...
    07-29-2015 04:55 PM

Please, Help!
    Damn that SUCKS. I bought the 10.1 thinking it would get upgraded to the 2014 editions features. Man I was wrong. The tablet has been a paper weight for about 8 months

Have you tried contacting Samsung directly?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 08:06 AM
    No, I haven't tried contacting Samsung directly.

I suppose that's next, because try as I might, I can't find a single post, thread, or mention of any one else having this issue. Honestly, I don't even know if it's just my devices or if there really is this kind of discrepancy between features on the same app, by the same company, on different devices made by that company.

It's weird and more than a little irritating.
    08-18-2015 04:18 PM