Why is my Notebook interpreting image labels as all Alpha, not Alphanumeric, information?

Beezer44

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Notebook interpreting image labels as all Alpha, not Alphanumeric, information.

Can all the Android gurus help solve a conflict on my Notebook 10.1? The tablet is interpreting prefix and suffic numbers in file names as pure alpha information.

After uploading some jpg images to the external Memory Card, I cannot get either the native Gallery or Google+ Photos apps to play the images in numeric order. I have tried naming the pictures both Photo_01.jpg, etc. and just 01.jpg.

I would like Photo_04.jpg to play before Photo_20.jpg before Photo_100.jpg. Or 04.jpg before 20.jpg before 100.jpg. Unfortunately, things come out exactly the opposite. I am guessing the system is interpreting the file names as pure alpha information. Within My File, I am able to sort the images under the Time category to have them show in the file list in the proper order. But when I return to one of the image apps, the bad pictures still display in the wrong order.

Is there any fix, or other Filing or Display application which can solve this conundrum? Any suggestions, ideas or consolations are gratefully received.

Model SM-P600
Android Version 4.4.2