Galaxy Note 10.1 Issue!

OHaldon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I apologise if this has been addressed before but I've spent all afternoon trying to find a solution on the web to no success.
My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is suddenly acting out.

It won't let me send any files via any method (Bluetooth, Wifi direct, Dropbox, Facebook, e-mail ect.)
"Cannot safely connect to server" is the message I get when I try to use any e-mail.
It won't let me back up my device, I get "Failed to backup device data, network error occurred".
It won't connect to the Samsung account, after I type my password I get "Error occured while connecting to SSL.(NPC)".
The time and date reset itself to January 1st 2012, 12am.
The wifi is apparently fine but Google Chrome states that my clock is behind and won't let me browse until it's fixed. My laptop and other devices connected to the router are all working fine.

I've tried restarting the device multiple times, I've restarted my router multiple times, nothing seems to work. The memory was a bit on the bloated side so I cleaned up over half of the available memory although it was working fine yesterday. I have a feeling I need to factory reset but I really don't want to do that until I get the files that I desperately need out of there (I'm guilty of relying maybe too much on my tablet for my job).
Do you guys have any ideas what's going on? Thanks in advance.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
It happens to all Samsung tablets, it won't let you connect to anything if date and time is not correctly set.

OHaldon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, I had no idea, so if I manually set the time and date back everything else should fall back into place? It's charging right now because I had a minor mental episode and drained all of it's power until it died which in hindsight was maybe quite a caveman thing to do. May as well of hit it with a rock...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2