Anyone else showing a software/firmware update?

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Pulled my Note 10.1 (2012) out of my laptop bag at work, and it shows two messages: "Software Update: Firmware Downloaded" and "Software Update: Download Unavailable". The second message is from being off WiFi, there was an error screen when I hit the power button. Unfortunately, I cannot connect it to my work network (not company sponsored, it's complicated), so I have to wait until I get home tonight. Anyone else seeing an update? What is it?

WVTip

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the update yesterday and it was a small update that ran without problem. It put me on version 4.1.2. I'm thinking it was just a security update. Haven't seen any official info on what it was for though.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
gt-n8013
I'm sure I could root it (I don't know what odin is) and get updated further, but I don't want to lose the S-pen features that I bought this for in the first place. It's usually not an issue anyway, but it would be nice to get some updates. Although I'm sure it would just turn it into a brick, lol

androib

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone figured out what this update was about? I hadn't turned on my pre-2014 Galaxy in a couple weeks, but today when I turned it on I was prompted for this update. I think it said it was a critical security update. I did not note any identity on it, so I "assumed" it was from Samsung. It seemed to install OK, but I would sure like to know what it was about. My Android version did not change, it remained at 4.1.2. Restarted and it said it installed OK.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
About 2 weeks after this update, I had a problem with inserting any pics into either S-Note or Squid (Papyrus). I use that frequently (2 weeks is probably the longest I go without doing that), so it was quite frustrating. Most times it would just say "Failed to Insert Image" with no explanation. I don't know if it was the update or another app that updated wasn't releasing file control over my gallery. Hard reset wasn't working, so I saved all my necessary files to my SD card and then did a factory reset. That corrected the problem, and getting rid of 2-1/2 yrs of bloat definitely sped the thing up a little, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34