10.1 running very slowly

Jetlagged

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000) is getting slower and slower and is very frustrating to use. If it was a PC, at this point I would be considering defragging the hard drive but that is obviously not an option here, so I'm looking for help please. I'm not sure what information you need, but this is a start:

It was bought in November 2012 and has Android 4.4.2. There is 2.31Gb available space out of a system memory of 16Gb.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

TIA

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Defragging the hard drive - in Windows (some operating systems never fragment it) - is done if loading files from the drive is slow. Is that your problem? Or are apps running slowly even after they're loaded (which would have nothing to do with the equivalent of the hard drive - storage - since the app is running in RAM, not in storage)?

Without knowing that, there's no answer.

Jetlagged

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The whole device is far slower then it ever used to be. Apps take a long time to open but then work reasonably well.

My browser is Chrome and is the worst offender. Tabs are very slow to open and at times I finish up with a black screen. I use Gmail and when opening a mail, the app will sometimes time out.

Finally, when I play videos from YT or Vimeo, sometimes the playback is affected by purple and green vertical interference.

I run Avast (paid version) virus scanner and a scan was clean.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34