Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I'm at Costco now. I'm debating to buy the Samsung Galaxy Buds True Wireless Earbud Headphones for $109.99 (model # 1450001). Is this the latest model or is there another newer version?
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Buds (more than 1 version?)-20200428_173608.jpg  
    04-28-2020 07:48 PM
    The plus version just was released.
    About 40 bucks more... and they sound better with longer bat life.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    04-28-2020 07:50 PM
    The plus version just was released.
    About 40 bucks more... and they sound better with longer bat life.
    Aaah. So the Costco one is the old version? Do you have a link to the new version?
    04-28-2020 07:53 PM
    Aaah. So the Costco one is the old version? Do you have a link to the new version?
    galaxy buds plus
    04-28-2020 07:54 PM
    galaxy buds plus

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=kUUotUfH

Is this the new version? Seems that Best Buy is offering free charger to go with it?
    04-28-2020 07:57 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=q5EgIzhz

Is this the new version? Seems that Best Buy is offering free charger to go with it?
    The case is the charger; that's a freebie add on.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    04-28-2020 08:03 PM
    The case is the charger; that's a freebie add on.
    Thanks for the help! I went ahead and ordered the new plus version through Best Buy since they are giving the charger as a freebie. I will do a curbside pickup at my local Best Buy tomorrow. I've been using a cheapo wireless headphones by "Funcl" that's unreliable, so I can't wait to use the new toy tomorrow!
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-28-2020 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the help! I went ahead and ordered the new plus version through Best Buy since they are giving the charger as a freebie. I will do a curbside pickup at my local Best Buy tomorrow. I've been using a cheapo wireless headphones by "Funcl" that's unreliable, so I can't wait to use the new toy tomorrow!
    Congratulations!
    Make sure to let them nest in their case with the lid open when updating their firmware and that both are making contact. Takes a few minutes... keep the phone near the case until the update is complete.

Play with earpieces to get the right size; too small will kill the bass. The right size wing seats it perfectly in the ear.

I use a very small amount of coconut oil in the ear canal to help put them in and avoid irritation or swimmer's ear.
    Don't have to use it everyday... a little bit goes a long way.
    Wipe them down afterwards...
    04-28-2020 11:21 PM
    Congratulations!
    Make sure to let them nest in their case with the lid open when updating their firmware and that both are making contact. Takes a few minutes... keep the phone near the case until the update is complete.

Play with earpieces to get the right size; too small will kill the bass. The right size wing seats it perfectly in the ear.

I use a very small amount of coconut oil in the ear canal to help put them in and avoid irritation or swimmer's ear.
    Don't have to use it everyday... a little bit goes a long way.
    Wipe them down afterwards...
    Thanks! Dang, I need to do a firmware upgrade out of the box?
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-28-2020 11:26 PM
    Thanks! Dang, I need to do a firmware upgrade out of the box?
    Maybe not.
    I have the older version and Samsung had a new one yesterday for it. Big improvement in sound Q.
    They may have tweaked those as well...
    The Samsung Wearables app automatically tells you when there's an update for the buds.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    04-29-2020 12:04 AM
    Maybe not.
    I have the older version and Samsung had a new one yesterday for it. Big improvement in sound Q.
    They may have tweaked those as well...
    The Samsung Wearables app automatically tells you when there's an update for the buds.

Update: The new buds plus works great! I got the black color from Best Buy, and a wireless Samsung charger was included for free which normally goes for $50, so that was cool. Yes, it was quick and painless to do a fast app update via the Galaxy Wearable app. I already use the Wearable app for my Samsung Galaxy 42mm smartphone. Sound quality is very nice with various customizations. I need to play around more with the different features. I did swap out the outer larger size rubber piece that fits better in my ear, so it was nice to have the different size pieces. My wife got so jealous after I showed her my buds that we ended up ordering her the white buds plus for same day curbside pickup at Best Buy, haha! She was hoping to get either the red or blue color, but those were not in stock. Still, the pearl white color looks slick. But I prefer my basic black. Paying $149 at Best Buy for the new buds plus model that includes the free $50 charger is definitely better than paying $109 at Costco for the old bud model without a free charger!
    blackhawkhot and j_hansen like this.
    04-30-2020 09:00 AM
    I have the original Samsung Galaxy Buds which have just got a software update that brings them very close the the Samsung Galaxy Buds version 2 apart from battery life.
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    05-03-2020 02:07 AM
    Another update here: I'm truly liking these new ear buds!! Seriously! These new buds work reliably every time I open the case to insert in my ears. Such a huge difference compared to my old no-name "Funcl" buds that were very temperamental and irritated me constantly with dropped connections.

I've made a bunch of phone calls with the new Samsung buds plus and EVERYONE has told me sound quality is excellent. They all thought I was talking directly into my Note 10+ phone. I've seen numerous YouTube videos saying phone call quality is great, now I'm a total believer!!

The free Samsung Wireless Charger that Best Buy included with the new earbuds also works great! The wireless charger works for both my new earbuds and my Note 10+! At this point, I have ZERO complaints. My wife loves her new earbuds too, she got the pearl white version, I got the black model. Totally worth the $150 price tag, especially with the $50 free wireless charger included.
    05-13-2020 09:00 AM
    I just got the buds+ from Amazon for £135. I really like them. The sound is great and they are comfy. Replaced my no name wireless buds as well.
    05-13-2020 10:17 AM
    Looks like a great deal.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...st-price-ever/

But pixel bus or these?
    05-20-2020 12:07 PM