How is the battery life on the Note 10+ and especially the 5G if you have it

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The Chromebook charger you use doesn't charge it at 45watt, it will be 15w or maybe the same 25w as the charger it came with if you are lucky.

C Kaine

May 12, 2020
Visit site
Most of 2019's flagship phones that are 5G are just using LTE band 71 which is a low band spectrum (600hz) if you're concerned about battery life you can just go to settings > connections > Mobile Networks and change it to LTE/3G/2G. Ive ran speed tests on both the note 10+ and the 5G variant, 5G only had an average of 30mbps more in terms of download speeds.

On a side note the 45w Samsung block does work with the note 10+, an AOD update removed the "Super Fast Charging" prompt but it will charge faster. The regular note 10, 6.3in, doesn't support the 45watt. Also the Belkin 27watt Qualcomm 4 has shown better results than the standard 25watts the notes come with.

I've been in the wireless industry for almost a decade so I'm not trying to pull ur leg.

I think screen refresh rate and having the latest bluetooth chipset that supports the latest BT HD codecs is more important than 5G at least for the next year or two.
The Note 10 plus lacks both of the former.

Battery life is no issue on my none 5G variant.
I constantly short charge from 40-75% and get at least 5 hours of run time, most of it surfing the web.
Charges up in about 20 minutes with the 25 watt brick; the 45 watt brick isn't needed.

If the specs meet your expectations and you can get a good deal on the 5G, go for it. Otherwise I would not.
You really have to keep a close eye on Samsung.
Expect no telephone tech support of any depth or value from them... you're on your own.
Not for the tech inept with a slow learning curve; results with be subpar for them. It's an intense little Android.

Last edited:

C Kaine

May 12, 2020
Visit site
Also for [mod redacted] giggles, those who know how to use SamFirm and change the firmware and CSC codes to the note 10+ 5G variant from a regular Note 10+ will actually show same data speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Most of 2019's flagship phones that are 5G are just using LTE band 71 which is a low band spectrum (600hz) if you're concerned about battery life you can just go to settings > connections > Mobile Networks and change it to LTE/3G/2G. Ive ran speed tests on both the note 10+ and the 5G variant, 5G only had an average of 30mbps more in terms of download speeds.

On a side note the 45w Samsung block does work with the note 10+, an AOD update removed the "Super Fast Charging" prompt but it will charge faster. The regular note 10, 6.3in, doesn't support the 45watt. Also the Belkin 27watt Qualcomm 4 has shown better results than the standard 25watts the notes come with.

I've been in the wireless industry for almost a decade so I'm not trying to pull ur leg.

Yeah the Note 10+ does support the 45W charger but it's barely an advantage over the 25W charger. On a full charge you may be lucky to charge your device 8 minutes faster.

C Kaine

May 12, 2020
Visit site
Yeah the Note 10+ does support the 45W charger but it's barely an advantage over the 25W charger. On a full charge you may be lucky to charge your device 8 minutes faster.

The 45w is more beneficial when charging from 20% to 80%, after that, it will return to normal amperage. I've tested a lot of cables/blocks using apps ofc to measure everything.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The 45w is more beneficial when charging from 20% to 80%, after that, it will return to normal amperage. I've tested a lot of cables/blocks using apps ofc to measure everything.
I don't think it super fast charges all the way up to 80 percent but my point is it's not worth it for the Note 10+. It works really well with S20 Ultra

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Are we sure that 45W charging is not straining the battery in the long term?
They phone controls the charge. It super rapid charges only for small portion of the charge cycle at the beginning of the charge cycle if it's low enough. It's a 4500 battery so I do not believe it exceeds the C rate of charge. That's why it's not compatible with the smaller Note 10.

C Kaine

May 12, 2020
Visit site
Yeah on any version of the S20, under charging options it does show super fast charging so no doubt the 45w blocks are better

Stormtrooper1845

May 13, 2020
Visit site
I have the non-5G Galaxy Note 10+ (they don't even sell the 5G Note 10 here) I got my Note 10+ about 3 months ago and I don't use battery saving and my SoT has been about 9 or 10 hours, it always lasts from 7:30 A.M. to about 8 P.M. with relative heavy use.

Geevarghese Mathew

May 13, 2020
Visit site
I am also using the Note 10 plus and I am getting a SOT of 6 hrs from 100-40 by browsing insta, chrome and fb, watching youtube and listening to Spotify. But I have noticed that the charging speed has reduced in the past 1 week. I think it is now charging at 15w rather than 25w because the charging time shown during charging with the orginal adapter and s10's adapter is same. At 72% with the orginal adapter and s10's adapter the charging time shown is same. The adapter doesn't have any damage on it.

Attachments

• Note 10 charger.jpg
    Note 10 charger.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14
  • S10 charger.jpg
    S10 charger.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 13

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm been debating if I went the Note 10+ route if I go 5G and if worth the extra cost. For me is a $200 diff ($599 for + vs $799 for +5G). My boss actually gave me the ok the other day to use the company AT&T account so I can take advantage of pricing if I want... but Note release is usually in August so I may try to hold out a few months.

I wasn't liking some of the rumors early in the year with the Note 20 but I'm liking the recent ones a lot... No Ultra camera. Screen size doesn't sound to have increased by much to make the phone ridiculously bigger. I'm hoping they don't go too far away from the past Notes design language... squared edges but last few gens they been pretty thin... so we'll see.

If I don't like the Note 20, I think I can be happy with a Note 10+ for a couple of years... I get one more OS upgrade at least and it should run ok the year after without an upgrade.

I'm not expecting much but I am keeping an eye out on the Sony Xperia 1 ii this month... Looks like and specs/camera sound promising if they can dial in the software this year. That's the only other Android I'm really interested in.

Catching up to the posts I'm not surprised to hear battery life very good in general and no one really mentioning many issues or negatives. Thanks for the feed back everyone.

I went from the Note 8 to the Note 10+ 5G. The difference isn't worth it for the money unless you get a good deal imho.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'm been debating if I went the Note 10+ route if I go 5G and if worth the extra cost. For me is a $200 diff ($599 for + vs $799 for +5G). My boss actually gave me the ok the other day to use the company AT&T account so I can take advantage of pricing if I want... but Note release is usually in August so I may try to hold out a few months.

I wasn't liking some of the rumors early in the year with the Note 20 but I'm liking the recent ones a lot... No Ultra camera. Screen size doesn't sound to have increased by much to make the phone ridiculously bigger. I'm hoping they don't go too far away from the past Notes design language... squared edges but last few gens they been pretty thin... so we'll see.

If I don't like the Note 20, I think I can be happy with a Note 10+ for a couple of years... I get one more OS upgrade at least and it should run ok the year after without an upgrade.

I'm not expecting much but I am keeping an eye out on the Sony Xperia 1 ii this month... Looks like and specs/camera sound promising if they can dial in the software this year. That's the only other Android I'm really interested in.

Catching up to the posts I'm not surprised to hear battery life very good in general and no one really mentioning many issues or negatives. Thanks for the feed back everyone.
Yeah if I don't like what Note 20 brings, I'll hold onto my Note 10+ , maybe get the s20ultra

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Best I've ever gotten beat out my Note 9 that did 9 to 10 SOT
This with everything on ,AOD and performance mode

Edit: sorry optimized mode
Performance was 10 SOT

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah if I don't like what Note 20 brings, I'll hold onto my Note 10+ , maybe get the s20ultra
Yeah...the thing is none of the rumors are solid enough to be believed. I think the best solution is for people to have options so that we can buy what suits us best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz