How to attach a file from download folder I'm Messages on Samsung Note 10

Monroe Taylor

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I have a pdf file saved in my download folder and I want to attach it to a text message using Messages. However, I don't see the paperclip used to attach a file. I see a + sign but it doesn't have a way to attach a file in the download folder.

Any ideas on how to do this is greatly appreciated.

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
try this, go to the folder, press and hold on the file you want to send, then choose the person you want to text if the icon is shown. if not, click the messages icon, the select the contact you want to send it to

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
You can hit the + sign and scroll down you will see attach document. Or you can go into your documents and select the file you're trying to send and at the bottom you will see the share option.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Or simply send it via another app that supports MMS like WhatsApp. In my country the networks don't support sending PDFs through the MESSAGES app

Monroe Taylor

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I should have stated that I did go to the folder and press and hold down the file. The share option appears however the messages app is not listed. Other options such as save to Google Drive and various mail apps are listed but the messages text app is not listed. This is also true when I click the plus sign

I realize I could do this using the mail apps. I recently upgraded from a Note 5, and I was able to do this on my Note 5, so I assumed that would be able to do it on the Note 10 as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I should have stated that I did go to the folder and press and hold down the file. The share option appears however the messages app is not listed. Other options such as save to Google Drive and various mail apps are listed but the messages text app is not listed. This is also true when I click the plus sign

I realize I could do this using the mail apps. I recently upgraded from a Note 5, and I was able to do this on my Note 5, so I assumed that would be able to do it on the Note 10 as well.
Hi welcome to AC!

Have you try clear cache in recovery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just checking -- are you talking about the Samsung Messages app, or Google Messages?

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a pdf file saved in my download folder and I want to attach it to a text message using Messages. However, I don't see the paperclip used to attach a file. I see a + sign but it doesn't have a way to attach a file in the download folder.

Any ideas on how to do this is greatly appreciated.

Using Android: Install Acrobat Reader. To send/attach a .pdf file first open Acrobat Reader. Then when you've found the file you wish to share, open the 3 dot menu to the right of the file and select share a copy of the file or a link to the file. I've only found 100% success sending by either email or WhatsApp. Of course any method you use requires the recipient to have the ability to receive and run the .pdf file you send.

Having (free) Acrobat Reader installed is essential on any device if you want to manage the full potential of .pdf files.

Monroe Taylor

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I believe this is the Samsung messages app since I purchased directly from Samsung as an unlock device and I did not install Google messages. See attached pic.

Attachments

• SnipImage.JPG
    SnipImage.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 37

Monroe Taylor

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I did a clear cache in recovery but this is not help. I also installed Acrobat Reader. What I want to do is navigate to folder from inside the Messages app, and attach a file to a text found within a folder. Based on the suggestions it appears this app does not have this feature and the best solution is email or WhatsApp.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I did a clear cache in recovery but this is not help. I also installed Acrobat Reader. What I want to do is navigate to folder from inside the Messages app, and attach a file to a text found within a folder. Based on the suggestions it appears this app does not have this feature and the best solution is email or WhatsApp.

Don't waste your time you are correct on my AT&T Note10 Plus it doesn't have that option on Samsung Message the document, so all i do is email it to who i send that type of file.

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung note 10 plus, And I'm on AT&T. I have that option I can go into the message app, the contact to send to, click on the plus sign, scroll down to the bottom to My Files, navigate to the folder, click on any PDF on any folder and send it.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung note 10 plus, And I'm on AT&T. I have that option I can go into the message app, the contact to send to, click on the plus sign, scroll down to the bottom to My Files, navigate to the folder, click on any PDF on any folder and send it.

Show me a picture, cause on Android Q there's none on my AT&T Note10 Plus Carrier locked phone

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

i also have an AT&T note 10+ that i got from best buy, and i don't have the option to send a file using the plus sign in a text either, and i'm on the latest update. but if i go to file explore (my files app), i can choose what file i want to send in a text

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is yours the unlocked version on Att ?

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Yep (other than your fancy looking icons) that is what mine looks like too. You can only attach to a text things from those categories at the bottom. If there was a way to add pdf as a type and give it a button below to send pdf by text it would be possible. But for now it isn't. They'll either have to email it, or text them a link to the pdf file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC