for whatever reason, I am unable to do a screen capture on my note 10+. Thought at first it was a smart launcher issue but it did not work using Samsung ui either. tried both the hand-swupe gesture, power button/volume down and s-pen. Getting an error message with the s-pen saying s-pen gestures are not allowed on this screen. It also did not work in safe mode though not sure if it would. Phone and s-pen gestures are turned on in settings. I did clear system cache the other day for a possible wifi issue (turned out to be a router issue) What am I missing?
    05-11-2020 11:42 PM
    Certain apps do not allow screenshots at all. For example banking apps in South Africa does not allow any screen capture at all. I'm told that apps used by Health Professionals also do not allow screen capture.

Have you tried clearing the phone cache either through device Health or Recovery mode?
    me just saying likes this.
    05-11-2020 11:49 PM
    I tried several apps, home & app page and a photo from the gallery.
    05-11-2020 11:53 PM
    Have you tried to use any Google Play app, like Screen Master?
    Is your phone supplied by your employer? If yes, then it might be locked for screen capture by a security app installed by the employer. For example, when I use one of the apps supplied by my employer, I can't use any screen capture method and/or any copy to clipboard method.
    05-11-2020 11:56 PM
    So it's not allowing screen capture in any apps?
    05-11-2020 11:57 PM
    Have you tried to use any Google Play app, like Screen Master?
    Is your phone supplied by your employer? If yes, then it might be locked for screen capture by a security app installed by the employer. For example, when I use one of the apps supplied by my employer, I can't use any screen capture method and/or any copy to clipboard method.
    all mine and so is the monthly bill :-(
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-12-2020 12:05 AM
    So it's not allowing screen capture in any apps?
    only a couple where I did screen captures before
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2020 12:08 AM
    all mine and so is the monthly bill :-(
    So did you try using any other screen capturing app?
    05-12-2020 12:10 AM
    for whatever reason, I am unable to do a screen capture on my note 10+. Thought at first it was a smart launcher issue but it did not work using Samsung ui either. tried both the hand-swupe gesture, power button/volume down and s-pen. Getting an error message with the s-pen saying s-pen gestures are not allowed on this screen. It also did not work in safe mode though not sure if it would. Phone and s-pen gestures are turned on in settings. I did clear system cache the other day for a possible wifi issue (turned out to be a router issue) What am I missing?
    You briefly touch power and volume down same time? Can't hold it down , sometimes can miss it if not done right .
    05-12-2020 12:16 AM
    Just went through gestures in the settings again. Decided to turn them all off then on again. I am now able to do screen captures again. Thanks for the help :-)
    Laura Knotek and mustang7757 like this.
    05-12-2020 12:41 AM