iPhone 11 Pro Max compared to Note 10+. Anyone else switch between these?

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Any of you move to the Note 10+ from this phone or go the other way? Outside of the S-Pen, how do these two devices compare? Interested in opinions from those who have used both. Thanks

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Any of you move to the Note 10+ from this phone or go the other way? Outside of the S-Pen, how do these two devices compare? Interested in opinions from those who have used both. Thanks

I just made the switch over. I've been a chronic phone switcher lol. I had the 11 pro max and I enjoyed the ease of apples ecosystem BUT I also got bored with it very quickly. Both me and my girlfriend switched to the notes. I got the plus model. We both like the customization that the note offers. I enjoy the true multitasking capabilities, like split screen or having an app open with another floating. We are really enjoying the Notes.

wbcolon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently have both phones in rotation. Although I really enjoy split screen and the notifications of the n10+, you can’t beat the smoothness and build quality of an Apple device. Plus I absolutely love apples keyboard. I switch back and forth weekly, but the 11pm is my main device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use both devices, I like customization and use the S-pen a lot, I also like Apple great software/hardware . I like option having both platforms .

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Am a Mac user and tried iPhone X. Got bored in 2 days and never felt like trying again. You can have the same experience on iPad (better with multitasking) if you want to try.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I have both the Note 10+ and iPhone 11 Pro Max. I use my iPhone when I'm using AirPods and my Apple Watch Series 5. Basically, when I'm out in the field.

I'll use my Note 10+ when I'm in my office--basically anywhere I need to take notes.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering for those that run a Samsung and iPhone 11, are you swapping sims between the two or running two separate lines??

There are quite a few people here mentioning running both for one reason or another and that's cool and just wonder how you back and forth between the two. I guess there really no major app that is not available on both platforms so you could technically install the exact same apps on each like bank app, social media, etc., and just swap sims and not miss a beat. I've tried Googles 1st watch and bought a Galaxy Sport watch to try with my Note 8 but just never felt useful or fun. The Apple Watch has me curious and think it would fun.

If the Note 20 ends up not floating my boat... I'd definitely consider the iPhone 12 Pro.

I have both the Note 10+ and iPhone 11 Pro Max. I use my iPhone when I'm using AirPods and my Apple Watch Series 5. Basically, when I'm out in the field.

I'll use my Note 10+ when I'm in my office--basically anywhere I need to take notes.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering for those that run a Samsung and iPhone 11, are you swapping sims between the two or running two separate lines??

There are quite a few people here mentioning running both for one reason or another and that's cool and just wonder how you back and forth between the two. I guess there really no major app that is not available on both platforms so you could technically install the exact same apps on each like bank app, social media, etc., and just swap sims and not miss a beat. I've tried Googles 1st watch and bought a Galaxy Sport watch to try with my Note 8 but just never felt useful or fun. The Apple Watch has me curious and think it would fun.

If the Note 20 ends up not floating my boat... I'd definitely consider the iPhone 12 Pro.

I used to just swap sims between my iPhone and my Note (Note 10 Plus and XS Max). More recently I've gotten a Verizon prepaid sim to try out b/c I changed jobs, and my T-Mo postpaid service didn't have signal in the part of the building I work in. To be honest, though it's a pain carrying 2 phones all day everyday. I'm hoping that TMo's low band 5G will improve my signal at work so I can go back to just carrying one phone when I upgrade.

Off topic and side note. I think you were the user I was talking about the Xperia 1 II with. Have you seen the new vids Sony posted about the cameras?
Still: https://www.phonearena.com/news/son...he-camera-on-the-sony-xperia-1-ll-5g_id124814
video: https://www.phonearena.com/news/learn-how-to-shoot-movies-with-the-xperia-1-11-5g_id124828

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was. Thanks for the links I’ll look at them soon.

I’ve been still keeping an eye out for the release... they said end of May so hope this week we will finally see. In the meantime I was reading all the reviews of the previous Xperia 1... and I got a little disappointed hearing the Janky software... but hoping they sort it out with this one cause it looks really promising.

Keeping at eye out for Note 20 and and Sony being the dark horse of the two. If those two fall through then watching for the iPhone 12 Pro after three year with my Note.

Off topic and side note. I think you were the user I was talking about the Xperia 1 II with. Have you seen the new vids Sony posted about the cameras?
Still: https://www.phonearena.com/news/son...he-camera-on-the-sony-xperia-1-ll-5g_id124814
video: https://www.phonearena.com/news/learn-how-to-shoot-movies-with-the-xperia-1-11-5g_id124828

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was. Thanks for the links I’ll look at them soon.

I’ve been still keeping an eye out for the release... they said end of May so hope this week we will finally see. In the meantime I was reading all the reviews of the previous Xperia 1... and I got a little disappointed hearing the Janky software... but hoping they sort it out with this one cause it looks really promising.

Keeping at eye out for Note 20 and and Sony being the dark horse of the two. If those two fall through then watching for the iPhone 12 Pro after three year with my Note.

Those are the same phones I'm looking at as well. I'm of course leaning toward the Note, but we'll see. I think one of those articles brought up the release time frame for the Sony, but can't remember what it said.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just found this video while I'm waiting for my plan to take off to California. I don't think I'll be able to load the whole thing in time so I'll have to check it out later.

https://youtu.be/oEbdX5otUUw

Those are the same phones I'm looking at as well. I'm of course leaning toward the Note, but we'll see. I think one of those articles brought up the release time frame for the Sony, but can't remember what it said.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I used to just swap sims between my iPhone and my Note (Note 10 Plus and XS Max). To be honest, though it's a pain carrying 2 phones all day everyday.
Well it sure sounds like a pain to dual carry those two devices, they're gigantic.

Dual carrying compact light phones wouldn't be the same bulky experience.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Glad I’ve come across this thread.

Been hankering after a swap to an 11 Pro Max myself; but after reading this, it’s reminded me of why I’ve always ended up selling my iPhones in the past; less customisable and a bit too plain Jane/boring...

I love my Note 10+ 5G and it’s a superb screen and excellent camera; so will stick with it and see what else may crop up further down the line...

Everything I have is Apple (2020 MBP, 2020 iPad Pro 12.9”, Apple TV4 etc); but their phones leave me cold for some reason... Just not as fun as Android IMO

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The only reason I went to the iPhone was because the big phones did so much better on battery than the Androids. Until recently. The Max was the last iPhone I owned and got bored of it quickly. The 10+ is just as good on battery as any iPhone I've owned. I'm not as keen as others on iMessage so there is no reason to go back. I bought the 10+ on release and am not bored of it yet.