How do I stop this? Super annoying.
    05-23-2020 02:57 PM
    Hi, which power saving mode?
    05-23-2020 03:16 PM
    do you have adaptive powersaving on and that switches it to optimised or along those lines?
    05-23-2020 04:31 PM
    In my experience with Samsung devices, when the battery level drops to a certain level, the phone automatically switches into Medium Power Saving mode and then at another lower battery level (like 30 % or 20%) the phone switches to Extreme Power Saving Mode.

Although I can't find it right now, I think there is a way to change the percentages in which the levels of power saving kick in, but I don't think that you can turn it off completely.
    05-23-2020 05:53 PM
    Hi, which power saving mode?
    Medium power saving. Turns off always on display and reverts to 1080.
    05-26-2020 07:43 AM
    do you have adaptive powersaving on and that switches it to optimised or along those lines?
    Nope I thought that was the cause too.
    Attached Thumbnails power saving mode self engages?-3243.jpg  
    05-26-2020 07:44 AM
    found it. I'm an *****. was a bixby routine. thanks guys/gals. appreciate the help.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-26-2020 07:45 AM
    found it. I'm an *****. was a bixby routine. thanks guys/gals. appreciate the help.
    Thats great , glad you found it
    05-26-2020 11:07 AM
    Thanks guys. i was also having the same problem. Couldn't believe it was a Bixby routine... I guess I put that in there but don't remember doing it. Sure was frustrating. i thought Samsung was manipulating my phone!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-27-2020 07:40 AM
    Thanks guys. i was also having the same problem. Couldn't believe it was a Bixby routine... I guess I put that in there but don't remember doing it. Sure was frustrating. i thought Samsung was manipulating my phone!
    I usually don't use bixby but another is digital well being can do things like that
    kct1975 and rsmin like this.
    05-27-2020 08:51 AM
    I usually don't use bixby but another is digital well being can do things like that
    Thanks Mustang.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-28-2020 06:15 AM
    Thanks Mustang.
    Your welcome!
    05-28-2020 08:34 AM
    Can one of the people that found this explan how to disable that routine please. I have not enabled Bixby, I have never used Bixby. A step by step would be handy because I think this happened to me in week 1 and I just put it down to hone bedding in with battery level analasys.
    I can probably now find out but a quick how too would be handy for those following.

Thanks
    05-28-2020 03:02 PM
    Can one of the people that found this explan how to disable that routine please. I have not enabled Bixby, I have never used Bixby. A step by step would be handy because I think this happened to me in week 1 and I just put it down to hone bedding in with battery level analasys.
    I can probably now find out but a quick how too would be handy for those following.

Thanks
    Hi, just pull your notifications panel down and toggle bixby routine off
    05-28-2020 03:13 PM
    Hi, just pull your notifications panel down and toggle bixby routine off
    So if you want some of them and not the power one? Just trying to cover the bases for future questions. In fact Bixby routine was never avalable to me on a simple swipe down.
    05-28-2020 03:18 PM
    So if you want some of them and not the power one? Just trying to cover the bases for future questions. In fact Bixby routine was never avalable to me on a simple swipe down.
    Which phone
    05-28-2020 03:21 PM
    Which phone
    Note 10+
    05-29-2020 04:31 AM
    Note 10+
    You dont see bixby routine toggle in pull down notifications?
    05-29-2020 09:47 AM
    There is a small chance that I silenced it without remebering and logging but I have been keeping a log of every notification I have modified when they crop up and this is not one of them.
    I have silenced many:
    Google Pay, you can pay here = off
    Google things of interest = off
    Nectar, Latest offers = off
    Boots, generic = silent

just as an example

Ooooooooh, A toggle. DOH. Yeah, that is there and was off by default. Also there is no auto power save in the list of routines. UK vendor Three in case that makes a difference.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-29-2020 03:51 PM
    There is a small chance that I silenced it without remebering and logging but I have been keeping a log of every notification I have modified when they crop up and this is not one of them.
    I have silenced many:
    Google Pay, you can pay here = off
    Google things of interest = off
    Nectar, Latest offers = off
    Boots, generic = silent

just as an example

Ooooooooh, A toggle. DOH. Yeah, that is there and was off by default. Also there is no auto power save in the list of routines. UK vendor Three in case that makes a difference.
    Now when you say power save mode , is this medium ? Where do u see this?
    05-29-2020 03:58 PM
    Now when you say power save mode , is this medium ? Where do u see this?
    I was responding to the OP's comments that his phone went into powersave automatically and respondent's comments to turn it off in Bixby routines/ I just mentioned that no such routine exist on my phone so I am good.
    I got a bit lost thinking it showed up as a notification that Bixby had powersaved. The I realised it was a toggle on all Bixby routines so I checked then and my phone came with no auto powersaving routine. All good.
    I have had power saving mode switched to once from optimised though and it took it from QHD to FHD and a few other things bur that was when below 10% and may have been Android itself.
    It took it from optimised to medium. I noticed because I was still trying to use a legacy launcher at the time and all the icons went out of whack witht the change in resolution.
    05-29-2020 04:14 PM
    I was responding to the OP's comments that his phone went into powersave automatically and respondent's comments to turn it off in Bixby routines/ I just mentioned that no such routine exist on my phone so I am good.
    I got a bit lost thinking it showed up as a notification that Bixby had powersaved. The I realised it was a toggle on all Bixby routines so I checked then and my phone came with no auto powersaving routine. All good.
    I have had power saving mode switched to once from optimised though and it took it from QHD to FHD and a few other things bur that was when below 10% and may have been Android itself.
    It took it from optimised to medium. I noticed because I was still trying to use a legacy launcher at the time and all the icons went out of whack witht the change in resolution.
    Ahh gotcha, that adaptive toggle can throw medium to optimize mode of checked just to be careful power saving mode self engages?-screenshot_20200529-173628_device-20care.jpeg
    05-29-2020 04:36 PM
    Ahh gotcha, that adaptive toggle can throw medium to optimize mode of checked just to be careful Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200529-173628_Device%20care.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	320991
    Yeah. I have this off now but may not have initially. I would have thougt I also noted that change but there have been shandy nights in getting it set up. Thanks.

Hope this also helps others on the same search terms.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-29-2020 06:56 PM