Does anyone know a way to use a firestick directly to an android device without a t.v. and no wifi network? I've been trying to research, and either I'm the only one who has thought of this, or there's just not a lot of practice for it, and thus hard info to find about. So far the only thing I have found is a device called lukilink, which is an adapter that essentially turns your phone output, into input, and utilizes the screen on your phone as an external screen. Then I thought you could use your phone's mobile hotspot to connect to the firestick. Any info would be helpful, thanks.
    05-23-2020 06:10 PM
    Hi, welcome!

Never heard of someone trying to do this.
    05-23-2020 06:29 PM
    Question I'd ask is: Why would you need to?

But "Sticks" aren't wholly autonomous themselves. They're dependent on a Wi-Fi network, and a device on that network to tell the what to do. Plus, using your Hotspot, you need another device on hand to access the stick, and it will have to connect to your Hotspot, as well. You can't use Wi-Fi and Hotspot on your devices simultaneously, as far as I've seen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-23-2020 07:58 PM
    Does anyone know a way to use a firestick directly to an android device without a t.v. and no wifi network? I've been trying to research, and either I'm the only one who has thought of this, or there's just not a lot of practice for it, and thus hard info to find about. So far the only thing I have found is a device called lukilink, which is an adapter that essentially turns your phone output, into input, and utilizes the screen on your phone as an external screen. Then I thought you could use your phone's mobile hotspot to connect to the firestick. Any info would be helpful, thanks.
    Are you trying to do this to use cell data to run the stick? If the stick can pick up your hot spot as an open wifi, maybe. Give it a try, please post the result.
    05-25-2020 08:42 PM
    I seriously can't think of a scenario where this would be needed as the phone can play Amazon video from the app but I would like to hear it an that may prompt an alternative. Or is this a plug for the kickstarter project that costs as much as a cheap 1080p TV?
    05-26-2020 11:49 PM
    A first?
    05-27-2020 11:25 AM