Galaxy Note 20 Series, via OnLeaks.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
If dimensions are correct... A little bigger than the Note 10+ by a couple of mm taller and actually THINNER(?) than the Note 10+?? Woohoo!!

165mm x 77.2mm x 7.6mm (Note 20+)

162.3mm x 77.2mm x 7.9mm (Note 10+)

166.9 x 76mm x 8.8mm thicc (S20 Ultra)

Yup, it's supposedly thinner. Maybe that's why they're moving the S-Pen to the left; the updated components must take up that space. Plus, the slight battery upgrade. Personally, I think an S-series phone shouldn't have a bigger battery than a Note. The Note line theoretically is the "Ultra", ultimate device, so it's odd to me. You'd think the latest Note would at least match, if not exceed a 5000 mAh battery. Reported capacity is 4500 mAh, though.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note 20+, via OnLeaks.

Yea even I'm hoping they add some color as well. Not a major buying factor for me but it's appreciated.
I hope the colors aren't as boring as the S20 series. That won't stop me from buying but I prefer flashier options.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Samsung has made Black boring... Aura black, Midnight Black, Cosmic black... it's un-original at this point. And the gray... did they just give up in trying to think of a nice color??

I'd like them to try a matte finish. But if they can't, their phones look nice in a bright metallic finish like in their Note 9 series. Go brushed finish!

It's been out of their rotation this year so I'm thinking they will put silver back in their rotation next year?? A brushed silver finish would be nice!

https://techobserver.net/2018/09/samsung-note-9-new-colors/

I hope the colors aren't as boring as the S20 series. That won't stop me from buying but I prefer flashier options.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site

IMO, the best colors I've seen on any phone in recent years are the Huawei P20 Pro in Twilight, the LG V30 in Raspberry Rose, and the Galaxy S10+ in Prism Green. Had the Prism Green been available in the US, that would have been my choice. I ended up with the Prism Blue instead. But the P20 Pro is hands down my favorite. My wish is to have a Note in that Twilight color.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site

Samsung has made Black boring... Aura black, Midnight Black, Cosmic black... it's un-original at this point. And the gray... did they just give up in trying to think of a nice color??

I'd like them to try a matte finish. But if they can't, their phones look nice in a bright metallic finish like in their Note 9 series. Go brushed finish!

It's been out of their rotation this year so I'm thinking they will put silver back in their rotation next year?? A brushed silver finish would be nice!

https://techobserver.net/2018/09/samsung-note-9-new-colors/

Or how about they go back to the true Note roots and put a rubber back like the Note 4 (which is alot of people's favorite iteration) and a flat screen, flat edges and cameras that don't stick out?

That way you don't immediately have to slap a case on the thing and you could actually feel the design!

Must be too much to ask!

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Or how about they go back to the true Note roots and put a rubber back like the Note 4 (which is alot of people's favorite iteration) and a flat screen, flat edges and cameras that don't stick out?

That way you don't immediately have to slap a case on the thing and you could actually feel the design!

Must be too much to ask!

Lol lot's would wish this but it will never happen this is 2020 and if they went back the old way phone wouldn't be water resistant , It won't go backwards The Notes are way better now.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Not the same but someone could make a rubber or even leather skin. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid on my Note 8 and I love the Houndstooth pattern and feel on the back of that case... I wouldn't mind that pattern on the back of a phone. Too bad no on will do a Kevlar backing... or ceramic.

Off topic but if I don't go with another Neo Hybrid if I get the Note 20, I'll probably try the Pateka super thin kevlar... I like that look and feel. But it wont have that recess camera protection that a thicker case will have.

Lol lot's would wish this but it will never happen this is 2020 and if they went back the old way phone wouldn't be water resistant , It won't go backwards The Notes are way better now.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site

If even UniHertz, a no-name Kickstarter can make a rubber back phone that's IP rated, you can bet that Samsung can figure it out. And they did, for example the XCover 4S and XCover Pro. Not only do these have rubber backs and are IP68 rated, but the XCover Pro has a removable battery!!

Not sure how a rubber back is "going backwards" compared to a glass back.
Sure, it's not as shiny and pretty, but it sure is less fragile and easier to grip (and no fingerprint marks).

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

IMO, the best colors I've seen on any phone in recent years are the Huawei P20 Pro in Twilight, the LG V30 in Raspberry Rose, and the Galaxy S10+ in Prism Green. Had the Prism Green been available in the US, that would have been my choice. I ended up with the Prism Blue instead. But the P20 Pro is hands down my favorite. My wish is to have a Note in that Twilight color.
I would love s product Red version! That red red.

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site

looks okay. I don't like rings around the camera. wish it looked like the s20 line instead. the emphasis looks ugly.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
looks okay. I don't like rings around the camera. wish it looked like the s20 line instead. the emphasis looks ugly.

Maybe the ring color will correspond to the color of the phone, just like Samsung does with the frames of their phones. If they're taking after the iPhone, it probably won't be so obvious. Either way, it doesn't bother me that much. Plus it's a CAD image. The actual devices never look exactly like the CADs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois