06-22-2020 09:10 AM
65 123
tools
    OK, so I have only had my 10 for a month or so but I can't be the only one who still just presses the sensor every now and then when the phone is in front of them to feel the sense of satisfaction of how easy it is to log in to the phone now.
    You have your thumb print at holding angle, you forefinger at straight on and 45 degrees for when it is lying on the desk.
    That frustration for the first half hour when out of the shower.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-08-2020 04:24 PM
    I like the on-screen fps on my S10+. It is very responsive.
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    06-08-2020 04:36 PM
    I try not to use the acronym FPS in relation to my phone in case I accidentally gun someone down in th highstreet.
    06-08-2020 05:10 PM
    I should get at least one left hand print in case my right hand is accidentally cut off. I can still use the phone to buy milk then.
    06-08-2020 05:18 PM
    that is why your fingerprint should never be the only access to the phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2020 06:12 PM
    that is why your fingerprint should never be the only access to the phone.
    Any phone I've had with biometrics requires a backup PIN or password.
    06-08-2020 06:44 PM
    Yeah. I do have a pin too. I would never rely solely on biometrics, even if it let me. It;s just a downer when they fail because they are so easy.
    At work I use a passphrase rather than password and it's 40 characters long but now I am used to it.
    06-08-2020 06:52 PM
    No need to count, It's not Correct Horse Battery Staple.
    jhimmel likes this.
    06-08-2020 06:55 PM
    OK, so I have only had my 10 for a month or so but I can't be the only one who still just presses the sensor every now and then when the phone is in front of them to feel the sense of satisfaction of how easy it is to log in to the phone now.
    You have your thumb print at holding angle, you forefinger at straight on and 45 degrees for when it is lying on the desk.
    That frustration for the first half hour when out of the shower.
    I prefer the rear FPS of my Note 9. Much more consistent than that of my Note 10 Plus ☹️
    06-09-2020 04:02 AM
    Hopefully they do release the 2nd gen on the Note 20 and it really is better.

Yeah. I do have a pin too. I would never rely solely on biometrics, even if it let me. It;s just a downer when they fail because they are so easy.
    At work I use a passphrase rather than password and it's 40 characters long but now I am used to it.
    06-09-2020 02:21 PM
    I prefer the rear FPS of my Note 9. Much more consistent than that of my Note 10 Plus ☹️
    Could never use the one on my 8 because it was inset by the the case. The on screen one works almost all the time except fresh out of the shower.
    06-09-2020 09:16 PM
    I have been quite disappointed with the in screen FPS on my S20 Ultra. It's my first in screen senor and it is way too inconsistent. Lately, I've re-registered the prints using only two fingerprints. Now seems a little better, but still poor. All of my previous FPS were very reliable. I keep encouraging myself by remembering this uses ultrasonic technology and is supposed to be more secure, but I would trade it out in a second for an old fashioned reliable rear mounted sensor!
    MoreDef likes this.
    06-10-2020 08:47 AM
    I too am truly in love with the in-display fingerprint reader on my S10. I was definitely nervous about using it and even enjoying it, coming from a Google Pixel 2, but I quickly got used to it and even loved it after a few days.
    06-10-2020 09:28 AM
    I have ditched my-otherwise perfect-Nokia 9 PureView because of its terrible, practically unusable in-screen fingerprint scanner.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-10-2020 09:46 AM
    I have been quite disappointed with the in screen FPS on my S20 Ultra. It's my first in screen senor and it is way too inconsistent. Lately, I've re-registered the prints using only two fingerprints. Now seems a little better, but still poor. All of my previous FPS were very reliable. I keep encouraging myself by remembering this uses ultrasonic technology and is supposed to be more secure, but I would trade it out in a second for an old fashioned reliable rear mounted sensor!
    Ditto. The LG V60 has an in-screen reader and it's very hit and miss even after multiple re-registers. The rear sensor on the V20's power button was not only more accurate, but instant with no lag.
    MoreDef likes this.
    06-10-2020 09:53 AM
    +1

The FPS on the Note 10+ is really a POS. The Note9 was in my opinion a superior phone. I should have never switched, but my wife cracked her Note9 and it was cheaper to upgrade than to fix and it was BOGO..
    MoreDef likes this.
    06-10-2020 12:16 PM
    It does seem very much an 'each to their own' situation here. One way works better for some than others and vice versa. For myself I am glad I skipped the 9 but see why other folks miss it.
    Iris on the 8 worked well for me apart from the fact that the image for the steampunk goggles was corrupted (view wise not malware wise of course). First thing in the mornign was a problem but security on that version meant that you had to use a pin if you hadn't logged in for several hours anyway.
    06-10-2020 02:35 PM
    I find the fps straight up trash, hopping the note 20+ fixes this issue.
    06-11-2020 08:19 AM
    I have ditched my-otherwise perfect-Nokia 9 PureView because of its terrible, practically unusable in-screen fingerprint scanner.
    That's terrible! Do you think you got a lemon - or have you switched to another manufacturer?
    06-11-2020 08:43 AM
    Got a Redmi Note 8 Pro instead. It doesn't have Android One or an amoled display but works just fine. I love it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-11-2020 03:43 PM
    I find the fps straight up trash, hopping the note 20+ fixes this issue.
    I find it 95% reliable on the note 10+ having thumb, forefinger 90 and45 degrees. Only fails if fingers are overly soaked or overy dry.

I don't know if this is due to my fingers or differences in default protectors applied, by region or by latenes of purchase. Certainly the June update in the UK that some have reported to improve the finger sensor haven't shifted me to the near 100 but I can always understand when it is failing due to excess, or dearth of finger moisture.
    06-11-2020 06:54 PM
    Got a Redmi Note 8 Pro instead. It doesn't have Android One or an amoled display but works just fine. I love it.
    Yeah, but this is a Samsung Note 10 forum.
    06-11-2020 06:56 PM
    Yeah, but this is a Samsung Note 10 forum.
    His Google Maps app must be misbehaving 🙂
    06-11-2020 07:42 PM
    My 10+ screen sensor works well, I have it set up for several digits from both hands. It was not very reliable when using a Zagg screen protector so I removed the Zagg.

Hindsight being what it is, I never should have removed the original Samsung screen protector. The sensor worked fine with that.
    06-11-2020 10:23 PM
    I find it 95% reliable on the note 10+ having thumb, forefinger 90 and45 degrees. Only fails if fingers are overly soaked or overy dry.

I don't know if this is due to my fingers or differences in default protectors applied, by region or by latenes of purchase. Certainly the June update in the UK that some have reported to improve the finger sensor haven't shifted me to the near 100 but I can always understand when it is failing due to excess, or dearth of finger moisture.
    I have multiple prints of each thumb at different angles saved, it's just not as accurate. I have to try sometimes many times to unlock my phone via the fps. Of course wet it wouldn't work as well, I'm talking about when your fingers are clean lol
    06-12-2020 06:22 AM
65 123