I have a note 10 plus I'm still paying for on installments and I just recently paid off my note 9. If I decided to get the note 20 , would I be able to trade in my paid off note 9 to go towards a note 20 ? Would I have to add a new line since I wouldn't be turning in my note 10 ?
    06-22-2020 05:36 AM
    Hi. I believe you can only trade one device in at the time and those that are offered at the trade in. Cant see a problem adding Note 9.
    06-22-2020 05:50 AM
    Whatever you do, make sure you read the T&C's so that you don't get cought out
    06-22-2020 05:52 AM
    are you getting the phone through Samsung or your mobile service provider? you really need to talk to your mobile service provider becaise it could depend on the plan you currently have. you may have to get a second line.
    06-22-2020 06:05 AM
    Whatever you do, make sure you read the T&C's so that you don't get cought out
    I have read the horror stories here. Lol
    06-22-2020 06:07 AM
    Hi. I believe you can only trade one device in at the time and those that are offered at the trade in. Cant see a problem adding Note 9.
    I know I can only do one device at a time. With me using the note 9 will I have to add another line?
    06-22-2020 06:10 AM
    are you getting the phone through Samsung or your mobile service provider? you really need to talk to your mobile service provider becaise it could depend on the plan you currently have. you may have to get a second line.
    I was going to try to do samsung's trade in to get money off the new phone and get rid of my note 9 so I could keep my note 10 ( which I'm still paying the installments on).

I know that if I do the trade in through att I'd have to turn in my note 10 unless I go ahead and pay it off. Then I'd be stuck with 2 extra phones.

The last part of your post is my biggest concern. I dont want to have to pay for another line just to get a new phone.
    06-22-2020 06:16 AM
    I was going to try to do samsung's trade in to get money off the new phone and get rid of my note 9 so I could keep my note 10 ( which I'm still paying the installments on).

I know that if I do the trade in through att I'd have to turn in my note 10 unless I go ahead and pay it off. Then I'd be stuck with 2 extra phones.

The last part of your post is my biggest concern. I dont want to have to pay for another line just to get a new phone.
    since you are with att, maybe post the question in their community forum or go to a local att store and ask there. https://forums.att.com/

the problem is going to be no matter what you do, you can trade in your note 9 but will be stuck with making payments for two phones at the same time. if the att contract requires the note 10 to stay active while making payments, then you will have to get a second line. they have so many different plans depending if you are grandfather into any older ones that it is difficult to help here.
    06-22-2020 06:29 AM
    In my country mobile phones are paid for >99% of the time “cash down" i.e in one payment. A second- hand Note 9 in great condition is currently going for about $400. A new Note 10 Plus is still costing about $1000. ☹️
    06-22-2020 02:22 PM

Im pretty sure if you finance a phone through your provider they will require you to have a line for the phone you're financing.
    06-22-2020 03:49 PM