Default Contacts issue.

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Can someone tell me why, no matter what Samsung phone I use, for about of quarter of my contacts no matter how many times I tell the device what number to use as default for those contacts it still asks me what number I want to use as default anytime I don't anything with that contact? It's been driving me nuts for almost 7 years now and I see no possible fix.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you setting the defaults? If you open the Contacts app and select one of those contacts, then tap the Menu button, is there a Set Defaults option there? (That's how the Contacts app on a Pixel works -- not sure what it's like on a Samsung phone.)

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
So I set the contact default first in the contact app. Go to contact app, select contact, select default for contact, and then select the number (mobile, home, etc). Then when I go to forward a website or Facebook post (etc) and I select to send it to the same contact, all their phone numbers appear and it asks which number to send it to. At that point you select the number and it has the option to just select it or set it as default. It does it everytime even though I have told the contact app which number to use as default and again in the options when I forward something. Over and over and over

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I continue to have this issue with my last two or so samsung phones. Most recently an S23 Ultra.

Same as poster. For certain contacts, who already have a default number chosen, amd one that has only one phone number.....share something you want to insert into a text, choose samsung messages, and choose a contact.....it lists all their emails and the ONE phone number. Choose the number, choose as default (as it is already set as such) send text. Rinse and repeat, it will do again. Not every contact does thus.

BJB1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon