Here's a new one. I use the standard Samsung Messages app and I used to be able to send a text to an email address. It was always very convenient to send myself a quick note that would be waiting in my email later in the evening, or a picture I'd want in my email or whatever. Now today that doesn't seem to work. All it does it put the message inside the running threads in the app, but not actually send the text to that email.

What the hell? Seems like I did this very recently. I wonder if when I got the big Android update at the end of June that finally enabled chat in my Unlocked Note 10+ that changed this behavior? I don't know but now I'm mad.

Anyone else have this issue or try this? Thanks.
    07-08-2020 01:34 PM
    Here's a new one. I use the standard Samsung Messages app and I used to be able to send a text to an email address. It was always very convenient to send myself a quick note that would be waiting in my email later in the evening, or a picture I'd want in my email or whatever. Now today that doesn't seem to work. All it does it put the message inside the running threads in the app, but not actually send the text to that email.

What the hell? Seems like I did this very recently. I wonder if when I got the big Android update at the end of June that finally enabled chat in my Unlocked Note 10+ that changed this behavior? I don't know but now I'm mad.

Anyone else have this issue or try this? Thanks.
    I can do this. I just sent a text message to my email. Sprint customer in Georgia.
    07-08-2020 02:46 PM
    Well, that's good for you. Bummer for me. What patch level are you at, I'm on the July 1st security patch. I'm Unlocked on Sprint.
    07-08-2020 03:55 PM
    Well that was weird. I tried sending a new text to an old email address that I don't have in my text thread already and it worked. I decided to do another test of sending it to my primary email, but not selecting my thread that I used for email sending and enter the address manually and that one worked too. So, now it looks like I just can't pick the old thread and use it for sending text to the same email for some reason. This is weird.
    07-08-2020 04:01 PM
    Well, that's good for you. Bummer for me. What patch level are you at, I'm on the July 1st security patch. I'm Unlocked on Sprint.
    I'm still on June 1 patch.
    07-08-2020 04:12 PM
    Thanks. I just got the July 1 patch this morning.
    07-08-2020 08:00 PM